HybridZ

Coldest weather you've driven your Z in?

PanzerAce

During my days at Indiana University, the temperatures went below zero for 30 days, with lowest down to minus 33. (blizzard come through Bloomington) I drove my Zcar (83 280zxt: 300K miles) to work, to running workouts at "daddy waggs" home and to the indoor track facility. One of our outdoor workouts was under minus 30 conditions. The Zcar never failed to start and always handled the snow in Bloomington and Liberty, MO.

john

We are getting about a foot of snow today so last night I was out doing some final tuning of the MS, in around 25degrees. The snow is going to force the Z into hibernation for a while. In 25degrees, the 225's break loose in a roll on when the boost hits. Scared the crap out of me when the rear began stepping out at 55mph in a straight line! I have driven it down to around -10deg or so in the past. I remember my friends 280ZX starting up in Ithaca, NY around -20 with ice crystals in the radiator. She fired right up perfectly. He subsequently sold the Z's and moved to the Northern border of MN to work at Polaris and saw -40 and less regularly with his other vehicles. He told me about the dangers of travel in that cold of weather. If your car breaks down and you don't have a search crew looking for you, you are in a very deadly situation.

http://outside.away.com/outside/magazine/0197/9701fefreez.html

Leaving Daves house ^^^^^^ last year in the middle of Jan, I believe it was low 20's outside. My Z has no heat and has lots of unplugged holes in the firewall. I use engine heat as heat but that doesn't work out much when driving 60 mph....lol

Very cold!

You win! Where on earth were you?

Given recent sour-note developments on another thread regarding "OPSEC" I can not say...

Though, truthfully, to this day...I'm not exactly certain, outside of the veiled reference I made earlier. It wasn't Canada...at least they told me it wasn't Canada.

All I can say is my boy-scout training, and growing up in Da U.P. served me well during that extended deployment.

14 days after returning to a tropical base, we deployed to somewhere other where the ambient was 40C+

Curiously, I realized this past year, I have actually operated in environments where I have personally experienced a 100 degree differential...both in F and in C! How many people can say that?:mrgreen:

And 53-55C is freakin' HOT! Personally, I'd almost prefer -50C....

Tony...the Upper Michigan can get cold....I understand. ''

YOU WIN AT 55C as well Holy Fluckein Chripz.

You are right ............I have snow boarded the Swiss Alps at -35C and walked around in humid 42C. I will take the boarding temp any day! At least I can move without sweating my sack off!

Cheers

The day my wife received her 350 Roadster for her Birthday... Feb 23rd, -20C and sunny.....with the top down, windows up and heat blasting. I had a touqe on.........

Why does this not surprise me in the slightest?

Coldest I've be in the Z was on my way hom from buying it down in Florida between christmas and new year. I got to a few hours before the boarder and realized the heater was inop :cry: It was only about 0*C or 32*F but it was COLD in the car, had my jacket on and blankets on me lol.

Coldest I've driven was last Feb or march when I drove to Nova Scotia to see a dying family member in the hospital I was in Northern Quebec and the temps dropped 20*C in a matter of 30km. I believe it was about -32*C according to what the civic was telling me...then my gas light came on as I was in the middle of nowhere surrounded by trees. Not a good feeling...lol