HybridZ

Show Off Your Engine Bay! Pics Wanted, L-series

philipl

Its a tough act to follow, little embarassing to post my insignificant powerplant! At least I now have a pretty red anodized mallory ignition box to liven it up a bit and draw the attention momentarily away from the rust/dirt/grossness

Datsun240ZEngine.jpg

I painted the vacuum chamber and fuel bowls of my SU carbs high temp balck with a clear gloss so that should help the eye candy factor out a bit. Should be back on this next week once I figure out/remember how to put the throttle linkage back together :icon11:

Wow! Now that is clean and uncluttered.

There must be a lot of stuff in my engine bay that I don't need.

I think you left hand drivers have it a little easier, your throttle linkage is all on one side (Doesn't pass across the back of the firewall) same with brake booster.

Wow! Now that is clean and uncluttered.

There must be a lot of stuff in my engine bay that I don't need.

I think you left hand drivers have it a little easier, your throttle linkage is all on one side (Doesn't pass across the back of the firewall) same with brake booster.

I totally agree with that, that looks beautifully clean, i feel like i should have powdered my intake rather than polishing now lol. yum yum.

likewise, my firewall is just plastered with RHD Sh#t. You don't realise how gross it looks untill you see a photo like this.

Wow... Thanks everyone for such kind words. I really appreciate everyone's feedback. It was a lot of work and it still is not done. What project is? I'm thinking of painting the radiator hoses a different color, thoughts ideas?

Except the intake pipe (PVC), the rotted radiator connection, and the rusty front cover. :flamedevi

LOL I'm surprised you didn't mention the missing valve cover bolt. But you're right those items need to be addressed. I'll make a new front cover just for you. :)

Oh and the intake pipe is ABS actually.

(blue72) I wish I could give you a place to order it, but it was a junkyard find by a friend in LA. Dumb luck really. Came off a 2 liter but I don't know the model. It seals better then stock, that is why I like it.

(kolonelklink87) I wish I powder coated mine too. I'm in college still and ran out of cash during the build. That is hammer finish paint from the hardware store. $7 for a can.

(I can't believe that you haven't thought of this, but I am saying it anyhow just to make sure)

Easy fix: throttle cable attached to top of pedal, travel across beneath the dashboard, pass through the firewall on the intake side. Obviously this costs money and that is a disadvantage.. but thats any Z (or any hobby for that matter. Two favorite gags of boaters around the world: B.O.A.T.-- Break Out Another Thousand; and the following definition, "A boat is a hole in the water into which massive amounts of money are thrown never to be seen again.")