HybridZ

Show Off Your Engine Bay! Pics Wanted, L-series

philipl

Take pics, then drink coffee. :-)

Is your valve cover wrinkle coat, matte or gloss?

the picks were taken at night... Because of my job I have'nt had any time to take some good pics...But I will soon>... And no the valve cover is just regular high temp red spray paint...

how's it runnin skib?

it was runnin rough (on 4 cyl) so im swapping out the 2 bad injectors and putting new injector connectors in today. also picked up a new coil, plugs, and wires. so hopefully that should solve my last problem lol. other than that its running and driving and boosting at a constant 7lbs

P1030470.jpgP1030469.jpg

A better engine bay shot thanks to the guys at MSA. Pettersen Motorworks built car of Chico CA, Bare metal restoration, 3100 cc, E88, 10.2:1,TWM intake with Weber 45, Pace Setter ceramic coated header, custom made heat sheald, carbon fiber air box by CustomWorks.com. We did not have time prior to the show to plum the air intake to the front of the car. The car arrived at the Nationals with 2 miles on it after a couple of all night cramming and driving/trailering sessions. The car fired up and ran flawlessly, then we drove the car into the show. After the show we trailered it back to Chico and did some test driving, Big Smiles.

Very nice setups guys

I havent seen any EDIS Setups so ill pop the cherry on this thread.

Here is my240z l28et ms2 edis

before l24

Image117.jpg

l28et swapped stock

P1010194.jpg

mid way rebuilt motor stock eccs notice it looks like the n42 intake but its the 280zxt you can see where the pop off valve is plugged but welded the whole next to it AAC?

10152008134.jpg

done? nah the fun is just begining ms2 + edis ignition

05092009180.jpg

it was runnin rough (on 4 cyl) so im swapping out the 2 bad injectors and putting new injector connectors in today. also picked up a new coil, plugs, and wires. so hopefully that should solve my last problem lol. other than that its running and driving and boosting at a constant 7lbs

good to hear man! next summer should be my turbo time :mrgreen:

can't wait! btw, get some vids on youtube! I wanna hear it!!

I havent seen any EDIS Setups

I saw quite a few, including mine. Not using a factory EDIS, but it is definitely Electronic (Got an ECU driving the Coils), Distributorless (That is gone other then the sensor), Ignition system

Pulled the engine for freshening and painted the engine bay. Here is a pic before it gets dirty again.

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww347/clarkspeed/EngineBay.jpg

I like your ITB setup! Can you tell me more about it? Setup, Driving feeling, sound? have you been able to compare it with a previous setup?

I might move to ITB one day, I was wondering the solutions available (I am considering ITB's from '99 Suzuki GSXR750 and Megasquirt)

I use the TWM throttle bodies with an old Cannon intake. The air filters are K&N with radiused inlets to act as air horns. The TB's are 48mm which is way to big for the street. They are like an on off switch. You would run into the car in front of you. TB's don't have choke's like carbs do. They are fine for the track but I scare the hell out of people in the pits. So get the correct size for the if you are going to street it. Other than that, they are great and sound better than carbs IMHO. But I rarely hear them over the exhaust!

Thanks for the reply ;) I've looked for info regarding your setup on the boards. Then you move from 3x 50mm ITB to 6x 48mm ITB ??

I have now triple webers that sound awesome. I don't want to lose the sound of the suction. ITB might be for me then :) Afriend is doing it on his 260. I'll wait for completion and decide later on.

They are 48's. Act like 3 x sidedraft carbs. 6 itb's. Sound like webbers only a little lower pitch and just a hair quieter. My "sister car" parked next too it in the garage has webers. The carbs have a little more suction sound because of the chokes.