HybridZ

please try and talk me out of buying a NSX

kelsodeez

okay, so here is my dilemma. i have spent the past two years building a spoon themed honda fit. it turned out really well. so well that i am getting the cover of modified magazine and people trying to sponsor me everywhere i turn. so here is my problem. my plan all along was after i was done with the fit, i was going to build a 240z with a rb26dett for a show/track car for myself. but last week, i got an offer to build another honda with a full j's racing sponsorship and since they have never built an NSX, thats what i want to do. i pitched them my idea for the car and they loved it. every part for the car will be comped except the car itself. now i only have enough money saved up to either build a 240 or buy the NSX and have all the parts for free. my heart is with the 240 but building this NSX could possibly turn into a career for me. i am torn and i have no idea what to do. what would you do?? thanks for your input.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha seems that the general consensus is to do the NSX. i am still debating. i had my heart set on a 240 and i know that the 240's are getting more rare as the days go by but i know that if i build the NSX, people will take notice and it will open up many doors of opportunity for me. i think my biggest problem with the situation is that i am scared that if i build the NSX, my heart wont be in it and it wont turn out as nice as if i did what i had been planning on doing.

i would say do the NSX and maybe halfway through you have enough money again and can just get the Z and that way you have one there but arent working on it yet. If you are concerned with rarity. but really I would do the NSX to start a carrer. You have to look at it like if it turns into a career at some point you will probably have a project that isnt your favorite but has to be done. get the NSX out of the way launch a career and then come back to you Z

hahaha okay okay fine! ill do the nsx!! that is if the meeting goes well with the president of j's racing in a few weeks. here is my plan for the car so far.

-buy an NSX-R engine and trans from japan. send it to j's and have them build it for a high boost application (low compression, forged internals, yadda yadday)to handle twin turbo

-british racing green paint job w/ flat black j's racing decal scheme (to make the sponsors happy)

-flat black volk re30's

-j's racing big brake kit

-rear body work to delete the stock wing and install a j's 3d fx wing

-titanium exhaust with dual j's dolphin dick mufflers

i know i know. kinda ricey. but thats how they like it in japan. oh and dont you guys tell anyone my plans for this car hahaha. i probably shouldnt be posting them but oh well. nothings for sure just yet.

also, what sucks is j's makes NOTHING for the nsx so i am going to have to use bits and pieces from other cars to make it. at least my fabrication skills are up to par.