HybridZ

Argh Laid off.

cygnusx1

Just got laid off today.... now I'll have plenty of time to wax the Z for Saturday's show. This is the second time I have been laid off from the same company in 14 years. Financially we are in decent shape. We should be able to fly low for a year or so with my wifes income. At least the big dollar items on the Z are already done.

I'll miss some of my coworkers but won't miss the corporate BS. :icon44:

My keen sense detected the layoff so well that I emailed myself at work last night, a list of impending layoff signs. I am hoping my boss goes through my emails and reads it this afternoon. Won't he be surprised that I predicted it to the day!

I may take another stab at the business I started last time I got laid off. My brother runs it now, and I can make it grow by designing a larger product line. shameless plug: http://www.hvmp.com

Sorry yo hear that. I predicted my layoff early on and even packed up all my stuff and took it home the night before; I walked in my boss' office the next morning and said "do I have another week or are you guys letting me go today?" He responded "ha.... uh.... come in and close the door."

That was back in November and I'm just now hopefully, likely getting hired on with URS (civil engineering contractor for the gub'mint).

Good luck. Don't waste your time looking for more work, though. Your wife could lose her job or you could have a tougher time finding work than you expect.

This now makes my work day go a little slower. There will be no more lunches everyday on nice weather days or taking a Z for a spin during lunch. You will find something I am sure of just enjoy some of the time off, it is finally Spring in NY plus you have the little one to play with.

Dave has told me for over a month that we was going to be let go and I didn't believe him. Even when we had lunch today, I thought he and the others were just playing a joke. If you want to work on a Z, I will be sure to drop mine off and pay you!! =)

Sorry to hear it Dave, but it sounds like you were well prepared. One thing about entrepreneurship, you never have to worry about layoffs. Just starving to death! :wink:

Thanks, LOL. I could use a little dieting.

Clive no worries. Gas is still way cheaper in Jersey, so on a nice day, you can be assured that I will be making a "refueling trip" with the Z and we can do lunch. I'll get my resume together. You owe me an internship anyhow :wink:

dude that sucks. I might take a set of the bar end weights? I put 22k miles on the bike last year and the vibration makes my hands fall asleep often. 05 Honda st1300 with heated grips but there not the Honda heated grips, they are Hot Grips, but I'm sure that won't make a difference?

dude that sucks. I might take a set of the bar end weights? I put 22k miles on the bike last year and the vibration makes my hands fall asleep often. 05 Honda st1300 with heated grips but there not the Honda heated grips, they are Hot Grips, but I'm sure that won't make a difference?

This isn't the first time Phil has incited an internal "WTF, dude" from me. :shock:

That is really bad to hear. I know so many people looking for jobs right now. My wife has been out of work for about a month now. She was part of the Circuit City closing. She had been a manager there for 9 years and for her to make that money back will be near impossible in this market.

I am in sales and work with Mostly production/Distribution type of business'. You can tell the market has only been getting worse. It makes me very nervous, but I just try to keep finding new accounts. One big sale can turn me from zero to hero in a minute. Ahhhhhhh, the life of a salesman. ;)