HybridZ

Another home paint job.. What do you think?

dtaylor

you did a good job on it. looking good. its going to look nice after wetsanding and polishing. when you wetsand, be very careful not to sand to the base especially going to reclear. im not sure on solid color but it sure shows on the metalic. two thumbs up.

• 1 month later...

Hers another picture of the car. With some more stuff back on it. I bumpers are just sitting on it for now. That's why there not sitting on the car correctly. I need to paint them black or get them rechromed. I think I'm done workng on her till spring. Got a lot of things to do around this time of year.

The rims are 17x8.5

dt 22_thumb.JPG

dt25_thumb.JPG

I don't care who you are,..that ♥♥♥♥'s hot

I might consider a wheel change based on your pic. Info on tires, wheels and suspension mods, if needed, please. :rockon: Thanks

I've have a couple people asking me about the rims. This is everything I know. They are ROTA RB-R size 17x8.5 with a +4 back space. Stock lugs I think that comes out to a 4x114.3.

The tires are a 225/45/17. I got them very cheap from Craigslist so I'm going to change them when I start driving it. I think I can run a 245/40/17 front and back. And maybe a 255/40/17 in the back.

I'm running coilovers front and rear.

• 2 weeks later...
I've have a couple people asking me about the rims. This is everything I know. They are ROTA RB-R size 17x8.5 with a +4 back space. Stock lugs I think that comes out to a 4x114.3.

The tires are a 225/45/17. I got them very cheap from Craigslist so I'm going to change them when I start driving it. I think I can run a 245/40/17 front and back. And maybe a 255/40/17 in the back.

I'm running coilovers front and rear.

How much has the car been lowered?

Your car looks beautiful, nice work. I also like the gold wheels with the orange body. The BRE spoilers stay true to the era. The modern wheels look great. Check your tire clearence to the lower front valence when the wheels are turned. Trimming of the lower front valence may be needed.

My car was orange with gold centered Enkie 92 since 1987. As many have infered here, that they were surprised that the color combo looked so good togather. Most people that saw my car thought the color combo looked great. Every once in a while someone would say, you need to change the wheels to silver or black, but not often. I struggled with the decision to change the color. First, I bead blasted the Enkies to natural silver centers and put them back on the car and that also looked good but not as stand out as the gold.

If, I changed the color it would be a light color to help deal with the heat from the sun. I went ahead and took the big step to change the color which included media blasting. I went silver (Liquid platnum, K-23) and I love the results. However, I do miss the old color pattern. Enjoy