HybridZ

Bad Driving Habits?

S130Z

I have a 20 minute commute both ways from work and started to realize I have some bad driving habits. I have about 10 minutes of both town and highway driving by the way. My top 3 bad habits are:

1. Changing lanes at the very last moment (as I approach a slower car) on the highway.

2. Failure to use my turn signals.

3. (Worst of all) Drafting behind semi's to get better fuel economy. And I get really close and tend to follow the same semi for about 10 miles. I get close enough where I can barely feel any wind if I put my hand out the window.

POST YOUR BAD DRIVING HABITS!!!!:burnout:

For some reason my rear tire breaks loose around corners.

I will also try to maintain speed limit around corners ;)

I tend to also to have some kind of tire screech up my driveway, I don't know what causes this, but my tires seem to have excessive ware.

I never use my signals, dont use side mirrors, When there's traffic I always go as far up as possible and cut in last minute(I always find some sucker), I make illegal U-turns because im to lazy to drive further. Probably the worst is i drive with my knees, I once made it from the danville freeway entrance all the way the to the toll plaza at the bay bridge without touching the steering wheel in the minivan. true stroy

I tend to get impatient and tailgate someone who's driving the speed limit (or god forbid under)

Also cut across multiple lanes of traffic at once to get to a lane that isn't sitting still.

Don't really slow down in the rain much either.

Definately speeding.

I drive 110KM eachway all freeway through one of the busiest city/highway in Canada, and I drive it just ahead of the rush each way, so I am on a mission to get to and from work each day, or my 1hr commute turns to 2hrs if I don't stay infront the wave of traffic

Sucks for my fuel mileage, so I just try to keep a steady speed to reduce accelerating.

3. (Worst of all) Drafting behind semi's to get better fuel economy. And I get really close and tend to follow the same semi for about 10 miles. I get close enough where I can barely feel any wind if I put my hand out the window.

:ugg:

I have never understood tailgating of any sort at any time. All it does is put yourself in danger, your are asking to get your car messed up and it will ALWAYS be your fault. Seems like everybody that I ever ride with follows way closer then I do. No only is it dangerous but your car take a hell of a beating from rocks on the freeway. I cant imagine you save yourself enough money to pay for the wrecked that will someday ensue.....oh yea and hte truck drivers prolly wont realize you totaled your car when he hit his brakes lol.

Which brings me to what bothers me the most when driving. why do people tail gate when the people they are tailgating cant go any faster due to traffic???? Blows me away when people do this.

Anyway my bad habits would haveto be the last minute lane changing, and I never use signals.

i have 6 points on my record currently.

1. dui

2. speeding on my 06 zx6r 636 under suspension

3. stop sign

4. speeding

5. speeding again at 5mph above limit and went to court and pilot showed up and still lost the case. wow all that for 125.00 out of me. dumb chp. was doing 70mph on freeway on 65mph. wow....im shocked at how bored these guys are.

but somehow i still manage to keep my license!

Edited by piston
edit

2 speedings, 114 in a 100 zone and 60 in a 50 zone.

and earlier before I got my later licences Unaccompanied driving on a learner licence x3, after 10pm unaccompanied on a restricted licence, unregistered car x3, unWOFed car x3, excessively smoky vehicle (diesel with a stuck injector that wouldn't atomise spray, like a bloody tank in "smokescreen mode"), driving without wearing safety belt x 2, Dangerous driving charge following a spin out on a corner, granted diversion with no points on my licence.

I've had a 3 month administrative suspension due to amassing too many demerit points after all those youthful student years of driving outside the terms of the learners and restricted licences and not being able to afford both registration and petrol at the same time. But have been clean for the past couple of years other than a single not-wearing-seatbelt ping.

Late braking turns and putting my truck inside of the car in front. Scared the crap out of a Porsche guy when I did it with my F350. He passed me on 395 near the Walker River and then proceeded to drive slower then we were going originally. He left me alone after I beat him through the corner with the truck about 30 degrees sideways and smoke coming off the rear tires.

Edited by johnc