HybridZ

Went to the dyno and took some video, .....of corse.

way to be! Guessing 380 right off the bat lol. Being the place the I live the two hardest things about getting a l28et in my car is, finding a 280zxt car, and Wiring the new harness in, I work at a soundshop so I shouldnt be admitting to be scared of all the wiring, but honestly, wiring harnesses scare the crap outta me... That thing is sweet! Watched most of your videos before I even had my license haha. After it gets done smoking the tires and screaming, what would you place your 0-60 at?

boosted burn out maybe after my new tires get some miles on them and need a change??

Found the Haletch with wire harness and laptop for a good price so I went for the more sequential injection, faster processor, and its what Chris (guy in the video) has.

Chris and I are thinking with a 15lb wastegate spring and a working laptop to tune we can break 400whp, and get more TQ?? So the ported head might be on hold again. I want to see what this stock setup will do.

I did a 0-60 run with my Iphone dynolicious app and there was lots of spinning but it was 4.4 sec

I did a 0-60 run with my Iphone dynolicious app and there was lots of spinning but it was 4.4 sec

hmmmm... my relatively stock 78 280z did a 6.7 as its best with the same app. I was pleasently surprised! Due to my inexperience Im going to go to a Triple Weber 50mm Carb or a Mikuni Carb set up instead of a turbo motor for right now. there was a guy in town with a 240z that had mikuni's that were fully street tuned and He had done some other things, but he showed me a dyno sheet from the week before, He hit 340WHP and somewhere around 335WTQ.... :burnout: Off of an L24!!!! thats one of hell of a tuning guy :mrgreen: ... From my inexperienced nogan I gathered from the internet that a 3.1 stroker L28, with a mid range cam and With Tuned Tripe Weber 50mms and a ported intake could achieve 370whp? Is that even remotely close, considering your the power guru here.

hmmmm... my relatively stock 78 280z did a 6.7 as its best with the same app. I was pleasently surprised! Due to my inexperience Im going to go to a Triple Weber 50mm Carb or a Mikuni Carb set up instead of a turbo motor for right now. there was a guy in town with a 240z that had mikuni's that were fully street tuned and He had done some other things, but he showed me a dyno sheet from the week before, He hit 340WHP and somewhere around 335WTQ.... :burnout: Off of an L24!!!! thats one of hell of a tuning guy :mrgreen: ... From my inexperienced nogan I gathered from the internet that a 3.1 stroker L28, with a mid range cam and With Tuned Tripe Weber 50mms and a ported intake could achieve 370whp? Is that even remotely close, considering your the power guru here.

Um... 340 WHP 335 WTQ N/A L24???

I'd really like to see the "some other things" he's done to it :shock:

Big Phil - looking GREAT!! Did you fix your issue with Halltech locking up your laptop?

my last dyno :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYCV93-MgCQ my tune was way off. due to the fact that with megasquirt I could never get my tach working. really the major change from then to now it the gt35-r turbo, and a working tach to get my street tune spot on, if I must say so myself. we wanted to tune the timing, As of now in boost its 20 deg all the way. Thanks to my laptop freezing that pull was an un-tuned pull. So in addition to a stiffer waste gate spring, being able to tune it on the dyno I feel very strong that I can break 400whp while sipping a coke with a smile:-o easy.

Um... 340 WHP 335 WTQ N/A L24???

I'd really like to see the "some other things" he's done to it :shock:

Big Phil - looking GREAT!! Did you fix your issue with Halltech locking up your laptop?

He talks to a guy Im friends with all the time, were trying to get a nissan sportshop opened up in town, because all we have for parts and resourcing is the dealers, which are crap. anyway, ill try and source the L24 down and get his dyno sheet for some oldschool goodness.

sorry to threadjack there bigphil! Sick Z, Dig the new color 100%!

I've been using that app with every one of my cars, how does it compare for the power calculation?

well Its kinda close, but I spin allot. One time it said I had 140 whp and another time it said 412 whp. I only used 3-4 times so I really want to use it some more.