HybridZ

This should make you sick....custom 280zx totalled

sticky280zx

So here's the story....Dad called me at 7 something this morning (which never happens) and i didnt wake up, calls again at 9 or so..pick up and get the great news. Last night around 1030 or so he was at a stop light (that was green) and was throwing away some trash (they have cans in the left lane) when a guy was coming up quick so he punched it to avoid the guy behind him. On the turn left, the car started to fishtail and he overcorrected and it went over the curb and under a "cut down" tree still connected to the "stump" that is about 5feet off the ground and apparently the car slid under and one small branch went through the window. Thankfully noone was riding with my Dad or it didnt hit 2 feet farther or he might not be here....He is ok and doing fine. Ofcourse he's just sick because of it and just hoping that insurance works everything out and a cheap buyback so he can transplant everything into a new car but who knows......on with the pics

2vhxe7d.jpg

16l0bra.jpg

nzk8it.jpg

16h7v29.jpg

2w5q9ab.jpg

oqbo6e.jpg

rlgoqg.jpg

14e5gy9.jpg

33a9qts.jpg

dgnrx2.jpg

sorry for the crappy cell pics but you get it...haha sorry about the thumbs up but thats for all the "wheel whores" that are always hating on "rotas" my dad said that he was going about 20-30when it spun out and they hit the curb and just barely bent so nothing wrong with these wheels guys they are legit and good quality.

Last night around 1030 or so he was at a stop light (that was green) and was throwing away some trash (they have cans in the left lane) when a guy was coming up quick so he punched it to avoid the guy behind him. On the turn left, the car started to fishtail and he overcorrected and it went over the curb

If I was the Dad and my son told me that story, I would be skeptical at best... :mrgreen: Me thinks Dad was messing around and lost it. :shock:

Wow very lucky to have walked out, what a close call. The car can be rebuilt on another chassis.

Exactly and just so happens i have a zx thats a perfect candidate

If I was the Dad and my son told me that story, I would be skeptical at best... :mrgreen: Me thinks Dad was messing around and lost it. :shock:

Yessir we're on the same page but hey...either way hes safe and insurace is looking at it and should total it soon enough because it is jacckkkked on that drivers side. Now one other reason im no soooo skeptical is because the other driver was behind him and witnessed it all as well as called the cops and he hadnt been drinking so it really was just and accident and i already knew it was gonna happen sometime sooner or later, just hoping it wouldnt.

Only thing that sucks is the insurance policy ends on the 31st and was going to bump it up 5k cause of some mods that were going to be installed but oh well, it will just have to go on the next car and will be back bigger and better soon enough Hopefully.

Yessir we're on the same page but hey...either way hes safe

I don't know what kind of sense of humor your dad has, but now might be the time to sit him down and have a son to father talk about honesty... :mrgreen: Glad he didn't get hurt.

wellll....all of the wheels, but the passenger rear, have a nice bump in them but it isnt shiiiiiat compared to a cheap wheel that couldve cracked all to hell/busted on impact...as far as i am concerned looks like THESE rota's are a great quality wheel (granted they arent 350 a set) but also for custom offset/fitment and all that jazz they even further prove to me that they are more than worth it.

34ez6g3.jpg

5d711k.jpg

30jqpo3.jpg

Sorry to hear the terrible news. Thats awful, loved your Dad's car especially when you posted pics of it on one of my posts.

The important thing is that Dad is fine!

Next ZX...should be a T-Top turbo...no need for after market sunroofs!

BTW...this cutie is for sale...2 owner..54,000 original miles and will be fairly local to you soon:

368787667.jpg

Yasin

Sorry to hear the terrible news. Thats awful, loved your Dad's car especially when you posted pics of it on one of my posts.

The important thing is that Dad is fine!

Next ZX...should be a T-Top turbo...no need for after market sunroofs!

BTW...this cutie is for sale...2 owner..54,000 original miles and will be fairly local to you soon:

Yasin

Pops doesnt like the ttops just like me, and that car came like that from the factory, my granddad bought this car brand damn new from the dealership in dallas and had the sunroof/moonroof installed as well as a badass gold pinstripe job but that was forever ago, but i will definately miss that car.

Nothings for sale Phil lol damn vultures lol i'll just say if he gets new wheels those will be mine.

And thanks yasin, very nice car but i have a shell waiting on the swap right now, he's just wanting to buy one from a guy here thats already mostly done (paint/body) so he just would have to swap his drivetrain.