HybridZ

240z has arrived :)

It was the previous owners track car the he sprayed, so im hoping structurally, the things safe. But yea, from a quick rundown and all the pics he sent me, the thing seems really solid, just the standard floorboard issues. But yea, paint and such is my last concern at the moment, but i woudlnt be suprised if i sanded it all down and primed it way in advance, looking at that Maco Paint Job is gonna make me more and more angry everytime i look at her.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a 240 with early 260z door panels and a 280z steering wheel. (for the new guys)

For the newer guys, it is a 240z with 260z doors on it, hence the door panels. 260z door panels do not fit on a 240z door shell. The only later int parts I see are the door panels and steering wheel...big deal.

hoov100, not a shot at you.

For the newer guys, it is a 240z with 260z doors on it, hence the door panels. 260z door panels do not fit on a 240z door shell. The only later int parts I see are the door panels and steering wheel...big deal.

hoov100, not a shot at you.

:oops: Forgot about that.

For anybody who actually thought this was a 280z or late 260z you have got to be kidding, if somebody went to the work of fitting 240z or early 260z tails into a 280z or late 260, that would be nuts. I like z cars and all, but not that much to be dedicated 240z style. Dash is also 240z dash. Also I think the seat mounts are a little different. Look for the things that make it a 240z not that make it not a 240z. If that made any sense at all.

For anybody who actually thought this was a 280z or late 260z you have got to be kidding, if somebody went to the work of fitting 240z or early 260z tails into a 280z or late 260, that would be nuts. I like z cars and all, but not that much to be dedicated 240z style. Dash is also 240z dash. Also I think the seat mounts are a little different. Look for the things that make it a 240z not that make it not a 240z. If that made any sense at all.

Nobody thought that.... it's a 240z with 260z doors...

Yea, everyone was worried of that, turns out their is no rust, minus the floorboards. All body panels are good, took a magnet with a heavy attachment and went to every part of the car, zero issues whatsoever, entire trunk, hatch liner, engine bay, all totally rust free. After doing some cleaning up, we discovered the car was originally green, then red, and now this Maco Job Blue, might be the reason why rust has not developed, al the layers of protection, currently uploading picks to photobucket and will upload to this in the next half hour, stay tuned...

Nice car, but I have a really bad feeling there is a ton of rust under that fresh paint.

first half of the interior is green and the other half is red.huh haven't read through the entire replies yet.but it looks like someone at some point was trying to convert that pea green to red.i like the blue,if it were me i'd strip the whole thing down to bare metal and start over.wich looks like your doing.other than the floor boards it looks pretty good.keep us up to date with pics.

Not a bad idea, but we were able to get most of it out, just the small area by the pedals and on the center area below the dash. I gotta go back to school today but next week we will finalize cleaning the interior, and re-paint the entire back-half of the interior to glossy black. Using rustoleum and any other chemicals needed to ensure a safe future with my new baby.

I got super lucky with this car, their really is no rust on the body, and considering i took a leap of faith and got this car without checking it out, i could have been in a pretty crappy situation instead of the positive one i am currently in.

Going to be on the lookout for parts soon...totaled f-body, r200 with lsd....cf hood and hatch, recaros or sparco seats, new floorboards...anyone know of or have any of this for sale, PM me!

If your still struggling with the undercoating, I have heard that dry-ice makes getting that crap off a breeze. just pile it in freeze it all and it just breaks apart.

Looks like you are doing well on the car already! Glad things are working out for you. I def will come take a look at it when I get back north. Be sure to take lots of pics of your progress. Before painting the back half of the car, are you going fuel cell, ls1 tank or oem tank with the ls1 setup? I will pick your brain later.

i kind of want to do a fuel cell, mostly cause i think they are bad ass and i like the idea of having a new tank and such. Jeff came to check out the car, he said im pretty good to go, minus the boards and rails, which i planned on replacing anyway so yea, next weekend im gonna bring the entire interior to bare metal, and order boards/rails/anything else i should do at same time. I wanted to start cutting out the boards, and have as much of the work done needed so when the welder comes to my house, he just has to drop in and weld ( might have a pro weld guy through a friend do a house call). Lemme know anything i should be aware of, i saw some pics of floor boards, the very end has no tab up, does that weld along the straight line?

Looks like you are doing well on the car already! Glad things are working out for you. I def will come take a look at it when I get back north. Be sure to take lots of pics of your progress. Before painting the back half of the car, are you going fuel cell, ls1 tank or oem tank with the ls1 setup? I will pick your brain later.

Ill wait for your return before attempting the dash/harness pull :) ill just have the rest of the car stripped and prepped by then.

I wouldn't cut the floors until you have the replacements and make sure the welder is good. Also be sure to pull the dash and engine bay harness.....no cutting wires.