HybridZ

*New* Video with my Coilovers

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It rubbed at first. But then we used the rubber hammer to flaten the inside lip (which you cant see anyways) inside the wheel well, after we did that It has not rubbed yet. Well.... I went over this huge pothole the other day and I have to say I heard it rub then haha... Other then that its fine. Alot stiffer then before but I try not to drive it as much now anyways. Its more of a show car.

:mrgreen:

nice man... hope my car will be that low when i finally get my car on the ground... what size wheels you running, just making a comparison with mine, between where my spindle is position compared to your center of your hub cap.

I have 50 series tires 16x8 XXR wheels. Your car should look nice with it lowered! Any Z does.. No matter what generation.

You found this on Modern Motorsports? Isnt that just a online store?

I was just there looking at coilovers and suspension parts hoping the coilovers was on sale (unfortunately, it's not)...Came over here afterwards to check out the supsension forum and BAM, I saw your post...watched your video and made me want coilovers even more now.

Did you section your struts when you installed the coilovers?

I believe that you HAVE TO section the struts. From my understanding anyways....my car is already too low with regular Tocikos so I'm not leaning towards it. The adjustibility would be pretty sweet though.

Dylan, your Z is sweet! And you still need to make it down to Cali sometime.

I believe that you HAVE TO section the struts. From my understanding anyways....my car is already too low with regular Tocikos so I'm not leaning towards it. The adjustibility would be pretty sweet though.

No, you don't have to section the struts to run any particular struts or coilovers. You can do it without sectioning, but if you go as low as the OP has, you'd be running pretty close to the bumpstops.

I think I've seen this car in Monroe along with a pretty damn clean green one. If that's the car I believe it had different wheels on it, but it was very very clean.

EDIT--Just noticed the pin striping in the video, this is definitely the same car. Very nice! Looks like a brand new car in person.