HybridZ

Post pics of your z's here!!

terrorizer805

My '78, it's coming along slowly. The main annoyance with the car as of now is the sloppy suspension feels like I'm driving around in jello. So Tokico shocks and rollbars + bushings/endlinks coming soon along with disc brakes in rear.

DEE, thanks for your post! I've always wondered what the chip spoiler would look like on a 280. Did you get the chin spoiler that is made for the 280z on MSA? I've been wanting to get one but just did not know how it would turn out looking like.

DEE, thanks for your post! I've always wondered what the chip spoiler would look like on a 280. Did you get the chin spoiler that is made for the 280z on MSA? I've been wanting to get one but just did not know how it would turn out looking like.

Yep that's the 280z one I picked up from MSA. :)

34z0w8m.jpg

Edited by Dee

Right now the coilovers are at max low and the frame rails are a good inch off the ground. I'm most likely going to raise it up a half inch or so, weld in shorter frame rails, tuck the exhaust more, and make a skid plate or the oil pan.

As far as the hood, it's a style trend I guess. It started with Euros, and I thought it'd be cool to incorporate it into my S30. The hood was already in too bad of shape to fix and paint, so I just decided to use it as a rusting candidate.

Sarcasm? You have a ratrod project in your signature, you must understand the style. No?

I like the style, just reminds me of Yuta's Z I guess? Just seems like they went with rustiest hood they could find. Guess my idea of 'rat rod' is not fixing cosmetic imperfections while to others it's promoting some imperfection? Didn't mean to come off sarcastic, just making an observation. ;)

That being said I look forward to seeing the frame rail work and skid plate fabrication.

Edited by LanceVance

I like the style, just reminds me of Yuta's Z I guess? Just seems like they went with rustiest hood they could find. Guess my idea of 'rat rod' is not fixing cosmetic imperfections while to others it's promoting some imperfection? Didn't mean to come off sarcastic, just making an observation. ;)

That being said I look forward to seeing the frame rail work and skid plate fabrication.

Thank you! I'll definitely post pictures of my progress.

Considering that he is also running the 240z front bumper, the 280z is more like a 240z in appearance now.

^ NICE Keep it up man! I like it alot. (not the stockies their wack lol)With some sexy wheels, she will be spot on. Im not one for the ratrod look, yuta pulled it off well. Personally on my 280z im going to slam it, put nice wheels, and do the 240z bumpers with upgraded brakes all around. Doing that will not give me enough to fix up the body and paint it, so it will have to stay the way it is for a bit. That will put me in the kind of "ratrod" like style but not on purpose lol. I like all styles, if it is executed well, props to you. Also curious on the coilover set up. My z has coilovers and is lower than most but im going to switch them out when I get a chance too.

Keep it up!

Edited by makaofox

^ Thanks guys! I was thinking about doing the Shakotans, but they're only 9" wide and I want to go with flares. If I do end up picking up a set of Rotas, I'd keep stock fenders, but I don't know how they'll look.

I'd honestly like the stock wheels if they were a lot wider and had a little dish. But they don't, so they'll be going lol.

Right now, I'm on Function/Form DC2 coilovers. The sleeves are simply welded onto the stock strut tubes right now, I'll be picking up some secondary sleeves to fit tight over the whole assembly and provide more support soon. Using the Integra tophats right now just for mocking up purposes, I'm not driving it until I get pillowballs all around. So far, I've only driven it from the house I did the coilovers at to my apartment, which was only a few blocks away. The ride quality was actually really good, albeit I scraped a lot. I should be giving that some attention soon.

Another pic:

79afa547.jpg