HybridZ

Post pics of your z's here!!

terrorizer805

The grill idea came to me while thinking of a plate with a bunch of holes drilled into it. That led to the thought of why not keep the holes and get rid of the plate. I kind of always liked the floating grill concept used countless times over the years. The trick was keeping the "V" of the hood and the rearward slant of the original grill opening.

post-3813-073720600 1322769137_thumb.jpg

post-3813-095471000 1322769160_thumb.jpg

post-3813-079716600 1322769182_thumb.jpg

The grill idea came to me while thinking of a plate with a bunch of holes drilled into it. That led to the thought of why not keep the holes and get rid of the plate. I kind of always liked the floating grill concept used countless times over the years. The trick was keeping the "V" of the hood and the rearward slant of the original grill opening.

Very nice. I would love to see that design with some closer set honeycomb shapes. Possibility that there would be some demand for it if you could mass produce. :)

Very interesting! The photos were very helpful but could you describe the process of making the grill and out of what materials?

Thanks!

John

Very interesting! The photos were very helpful but could you describe the process of making the grill and out of what materials?

Thanks!

John

The frame was made of 1/2" sq. tubing. Some left over scrap brass tubing from a manufacturing process and some scrapped inserts from a injection mold shop. Everything was threaded 10-32. Face pieces were then sent out for chrome plating. Everthing was drawn up in Cad to get the various tube lengths. I thought afterwards that stainless steel intake valves with a good polish would have worked well also. Chrome was $200, but it is nice!

• 2 weeks later...

Test fit of my Christmas presents. Diamond Racing Wheels 15x10 with a 4.5 Backspace and ZG flares.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-M4DPULeW4mU/TvUOsTfblII/AAAAAAAAAJc/NiFdOBs0fMA/s720/2011-12-23_16-16-40_725.jpg

Would you mind sharing some information on the suspension modifications? Or a link to said discussion?

Thank you. =D

I do not mind :burnout: ZCC 280z strut tubes and camber plates with EMUSA s13 coilovers

Awesome, so I can clear 4.5" of backspacing with Megans, wasn't sure if I was going to be able to clear that or not so I didn't want to find wheels and make plans. =D How much wheel to strut/spring clearance is there? (Sorry for all the questions! I just like the setup!)

Almost embarassed to post these hellasunk pictures. Hopefully in a few weeks I can order wheels and flares.

I saw your car on clubroadster, I like where you're going with it....

Here's mine:

wpid-IMG9558301-800x600.jpg

Edited by RB26powered74zcar
removed quoted image