HybridZ

And you thought your Triples were cool...

Konish

No, you just don't understand how they work. the flat top carbs are superior to the roundtops, ONCE you get the operation thought out. They don't work the same, and the flat top carbs have more guts inside to break. But you can get a more economical, more precise fuel curve out of them; and for a stock motor, the flat top carb can be set up to be just perfectly fine.

Just because the implementation of the flattop carbs sucked in 1973/74, doesn't mean that the carburators themselves are terrible.

If i could find a set of HIF8 carbs, (british 2" flattops) i'd be all about grabbing them.

Not a huge fan of chrome, function before design. Also would those air horns fit between the inner finder? For that price I would seriously consider a EFI ITB set up. Just my $0.02.

My triples arn't cool, they're gangster because I have a blow thru setup =P...

Gangster = Blown? Good to know!!! So that must make me just cool.

but the sound of triples..

Those are Mikuni/Solex PHH 50 mm's? I think so!!!

HIF 6's, gaaaarrrrgggghhhh!

I have a pair of HIF44's, Tag number FZX1454R, from an 1984 Landrover sitting on my shelf in the shed right now :D They're simply the 44mm Metric version of the Imperial 1.75" HIF6 SU

For a while I ran a single SU on a 3Y 4cyl 2.0L toyota motor on my Hilux.