HybridZ

My 1973 240Z restoration>>> Bahrain

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys... the color painted is the correct one which is mentioned on the chassis somewhere (vin).

There are not many Zs around. Most of them are imported from the states. This one is imported from California.

Bahrain is an island with a lot of humidity. So, rust with old cars is a normal issue. I just hope it stands another 15 years non-rusted untill the next paint-job :D

I am not sure what the product of the undercoating was, but I remember that it was of a good quality. It is a very solid coat with heat and scratch proof.

Again... thanks guys for the nice comments... I really appreciate it :)

Thanks guys... the color painted is the correct one which is mentioned on the chassis somewhere (vin).

There are not many Zs around. Most of them are imported from the states. This one is imported from California.

Bahrain is an island with a lot of humidity. So, rust with old cars is a normal issue. I just hope it stands another 15 years non-rusted untill the next paint-job :D

I am not sure what the product of the undercoating was, but I remember that it was of a good quality. It is a very solid coat with heat and scratch proof.

Again... thanks guys for the nice comments... I really appreciate it :)

Been to Bahrain many times, had a great time. I rarely saw any S30. There used to be a guy on this board that had a real nice 280 that he sold to buy a BMW. If you keep in a garage the paint and body should last for a longtime. The craftsman you had work on it did a great job. Good luck and enjoy the ride.

Truly an inspiration. Seriously, your car pics pushed me over the edge in getting the XXR in a staggered size. However, I do have one question...not a critique. After having dealt with some rust under the factory, interior, tar-paper sound insulation, why did you choose to paint over the factory interior instead of stripping it to the metal floor-boards?

Mine (tar paper) literally came up in big sheets with a very, very fine coating of surface rust which cleaned up pretty quickly and easily and I was glad I was able to get ahead of a developing problem...just something to think about.

R/

D

thanks guys :)

about the interior, I was trying to reduce the cost of the job and I was also told by the workshop that it was in a very good condition and does not neet to be taken to bare metal. Rust was minimum in this car which really helped us out. But anyways, there are no totally perfect projects and that what adds to the experience ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...