HybridZ

jdm 280zx emblems (repro)

83turbo280zx

Hi, im having a hell of a time trying to find some jdm 280zx emblems (Fairlady 280z)

So i'm down to having reproduction emblems made. Can anyone please supply pics of the side emblems, and the trunk emblems that you've either seen off of a jdm 280zx, or off one you actually own? Especially if anyone has a picture of the fairlady 280z turbo emblem that would be really helpful, that being said, anyone else here interested in receiving reproduction units?

Hi, im having a hell of a time trying to find some jdm 280zx emblems (Fairlady 280z)

So i'm down to having reproduction emblems made. Can anyone please supply pics of the side emblems, and the trunk emblems that you've either seen off of a jdm 280zx, or off one you actually own? Especially if anyone has a picture of the fairlady 280z turbo emblem that would be really helpful, that being said, anyone else here interested in receiving reproduction units?

Check out this for sale thread. He's parting out a RHD S130. He's got the emblems and is looking to get them reproduced.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/88664-rhd-280zx-coupe-parting-out/

I've got a pair of legit ones on my car, here's a couple pics I have of them... I don't have the one for the trunk though, since my car didn't have an emblem there when I bought it lol

280ZX_car_wash_2.jpg

newFairlady280Zbadge.jpg

I'd actually prefer not to have repros made... sooner or later it'd end up like the Fairlady 240Z emblems, where you can't tell what's real and what's not, when you're getting ripped off or not...

I've got a pair of legit ones on my car, here's a couple pics I have of them... I don't have the one for the trunk though, since my car didn't have an emblem there when I bought it lol

280ZX_car_wash_2.jpg

newFairlady280Zbadge.jpg

I'd actually prefer not to have repros made... sooner or later it'd end up like the Fairlady 240Z emblems, where you can't tell what's real and what's not, when you're getting ripped off or not...

I also have those, and Here is the one for the trunk. If I get it reproduce, I'll make some sort of marking that would indicate its a repro not the legit one. and there is also one that said "fairlady 280z" that goes on the center console too.

The "fairlady Z" is plastic(like the hood emblem). The side emblem are also rubber plastic, very flexible. The center console insert is hard plastic.

IMG_9255.jpg

IMG_9253.jpg

I'll keep you guys posted. I'll go to the local shops when I have the time.

Edited by ben280zx

• 9 months later...

Little update on this. The "Fairlady Z" emblem, I got a vague quote for it. Quantity of 100 pieces at roughly $30 a pieces in Aluminum. The price is a little high assuming they would do all the work, drawing, autocad, etc what ever do they to get it to the machine. So in order for me to get the price to go down a little, I need to provide all the information to them. SO, they asked for a DXF file of this think. I don't know jack squat about autocad but I just got the program for it so I'll be messing with it and see if I can replicate it. Stay tune.

I am having a very hard time imagining this common part is not avaialble through Nissan---they are all over Japan and still in stock there. This is simply a matter of some phone calls or faxes to get the P/N and ordering them from the local Nissan Dealer. They will come from Japan, but these ARE available.

They are also plastic, as the originals were. Crumbly in the sun plastic, just like the interior on the damn things. :angry:

The irony here: Those are new stock parts. I.E. 'they are still available from Nissan' which begs me to repeat my question "has anybody gotten the part numbers and tried simply ordering them?"

Second Irony: Riverside Infinity...bwahahahahaha! That's like 10 minutes from my house!

If they are selling them for $38 online, you can damn well be sure the costs are less than half that, so having a decent discount at your local Nissan Dealer (I get 20-25% under list without much effort...) means you likely can order these 'Rare 280Z Fairlady' emblems for cheaper than you can have them reproduced.

Which is usually the case...

• 1 month later...

Find and download the Nissan FAST for Windows program from Japan. It's a five disk set(usually downloadable). Then gor to www.nissanfast.info for instalation instructions. Then you can get part numbers for anything. Type the part numbers into google and you will probably find someone who's selling them.

I remebered where the link is:

http://www.xenonz31.com/s130/reference.html

Edited by macambra