HybridZ

My new daily driver selection.

cygnusx1

My WRX is no longer giving me that warm cozy feeling after 147,000 miles, and many uncomfortable trips to the dealer.   I save my wrench time for my Z cars, not my daily drivers.  So...I have the car sold, or at least a deposit on it and I have made the decision to pick up a used 2006 330xi Sedan 6-speed with Sport Package, Winter package, and Nav Package.  It has 40K miles on it, and I can buy a warranty for an additional 100K miles.  I am going to test drive it on Friday I hope.

:rockon:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice, I've been looking at a '94 318i 2 door coupe as a third car.

I'm pulling the '85 hilux off full roadgoing registration to a rural registration (MUCH cheaper, but limited to 21 Km from the farm gate on public roads, enough to pick up stockfeed and baby animals, but not enough to make trips to town) and replacing it's roadgoing duties with a more economical new (used) car.

BMWs are nice cars.

..and several things have broken since then and it is pissing me off.  It's a good car but it needs someone with a fresh set of patience for it.  My set has worn thin and it's taking my wallet with it.  I won't get into dealer prices and ripoffs here because it will be called poor form.

My "new" daily driver is my wife's "old" 97 328iS. Although it's a great car and I'm a fan of bimmers, I hate working on it beyond the basics... It's not a hard car to work on, but I don't view it as "simple" either... The porsche, that's pretty simple... the BMW, not so much... Crazy I know, but it's true.

Congrats on the new ride. B)

Mike

My "new" daily driver is my wife's "old" 97 328iS. Although it's a great car and I'm a fan of bimmers, I hate working on it beyond the basics... It's not a hard car to work on, but I don't view it as "simple" either... The porsche, that's pretty simple... the BMW, not so much... Crazy I know, but it's true.

Congrats on the new ride. B)

Mike

I never thought I'd hear someone say that a 996 was simple to work on, and an E36 was not.

It's not my new ride yet but unless I am walking everywhere and driving the Z's in all seasons, It will be my car shortly.  I have 5 of them I need to see before I make the selection.  I do know it's going to be a 2006 330xi with the sport package and maybe nav and winter packages.  The sport package is a must.  I have three black ones, a gray one, and a red one lined up to test.

My WRX turned into a stack of cash today.  I got my full asking price plus lunch.  ;)  

Edited by cygnusx1

Nice choice, but do you need AWD? It adds quite a bit on the bimmer, it rides higher than a regular rwd e90, and fuel economy takes a large hit. RWD 3 liter e90s get 30-31 mpg on freeway, I think the xi gets 25-26 max. not harping on your choice, just curious of you need it. I was looking for an e90 sport pkg 6 speed, but it's as if they don't exist at all around here.

I need the AWD because we need at least one car in the family that can go out, and come back during a snowstorm.  The mountain ridge lines around here run North-South and many of the roads wind East-West from valley to valley.  The topography in this region is very steep.  Great for mountain biking but bad for Winter driving.

I am replacing this:

231967168_ABZro-XL.jpg