HybridZ

Skyline Tailights

R3VO 3VOM

I've been scrolling through the forum for a while and have only come across people doing the R34 skyline tailight swap.

I want to do this one, KPGC110 skyline tailights. The only problem is, where to get them in America? I have been looking for some time now, and haven't found anything but the panel for a lot of $$$$. Does anybody know where to get some of these?

Here is a picture of a 240Z with them equipped.

post-11862-019590600 1286116490_thumb.jpg

I saw this back when I had my first z. Now on my 3rd. Wish I could have something similar. Wouldn't do any other light swap. I saw one of these skylines in Japan a long time ago. Probably still sits in the same spot. It was all pimped out slammed status too. :lol:

• 5 months later...

Go to Japan.

I've seen three sets of these lights in SoCal since 1989.

One set on a 71 Fairlady Z in a junkyard outside Norton AFB. I put a deposit on it to hold for 90 days so I could get storage arranged (deposit as it 'paid him what he wanted for it') and when I came back it was gone. Whereabouts unknown.

The other two sets were on Kenmary Skylines people were driving.

73-77 as I recall...

I have seen several sets in Japan, including the 'crystal' lenses which were popular in Japan in the 80's (yeah, crystal lights are a new fad, huh?)

I lived in Japan for four years. My wife is Japanese. She used to order stuff for me all the time on Yahoo Auction JP for my R33 that I owned there.

I might be able to work something out if you're really serious. Although given current status of Japan I can't gaurantee anything. PM me if interested.

The Australian delivered HGC110 ( 4 door Datsun 240K ) and the KHGC110 ( 2 door datsun 240K ) uses these style of lights

( the larger out side surround is the 2 door )

the inside lights ( clear outer / red inner ) is reversed to the Japan KPGC110 ( red outer / clear inner )

these come up on ebay semi regularly www.ebay.com.au

Nigel

post-2090-011930200 1300173565_thumb.jpg

post-2090-050047900 1300173585_thumb.jpg

Edited by Noddle

I have a pair of these tail lights (JDM version) sitting on the shelf in my garage. Four different people have inquired about purchasing them. When I tell them the price, they all run. Remember, shipping to the US alone would add $50 to the price. Not many people are interested once they realize how much a conversion like this would cost using Nissan parts. Check prices on Yahoo Japan Auctions and see if you are still interested in doing this conversion. I think $200 for the pair plus shipping would be a deal. If you are in Japan, you might be able to pick them up cheaper and save on shipping.

Some body once said the key to a good deal is being in the right place with the right amount of cash!

Best bet for a budget change would be to scour the US junkyards for something you like and make it work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

not exactly like those, but for a while, one of the aftermarket fiberglass people here was making a very nice rear taillight section that had twin round lights and gave a Ferrari look. I sure would like to find out if anyone still makes that piece.

• 12 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/16/2023 at 8:48 AM, Lilo1980 said:

I know it's an old post but what the heck, here is my rendition of the kenmeri kpgc110 gtr conversation on my 72 240z.

Screenshot_20230927-080831_Gallery.jpg

How much body work is involved to make that fit?