Since the manifold was not fabbed from scratch, we utilized the existing wastegate mounting point and then modified it to make the best of the situation.
As with any budget, you gotta pick and choose your battles...some things I went balls to the wall on and others I opted to be more economical on. A hand-fabbed manifold would've been much pricier. I looked at some Raw Brokerage units and, while stunning works of art, they were much more expensive and they were designed for EFR's...which would have required even more $$$ for an EFR. The goal was to maximize what I had now (turbo, injectors, AEM 1) while improving peripheral items to handle future updgrades (Intercooler, cooling system, chasis).
As far as routing the dump tube, there really aren't many options when you start squeezing this much stuff into a small space.
We decided to try open dump first to as we weren't sure if there would be any creep.
While I don't want to spoil the ending...I will say that it works like a charm
(oh and feel free to interrupt...it's rewarding to be able to share and discuss with others who have the same passion!)