HybridZ
Derek

Project Binkey

On 10/25/2017 at 4:37 PM, LLave said:

I think the original mini was approximately 1,400. I bet Binkey is under 2,000. I know they are adding a lot of creature comforts and even silly motorized bits. Side note, I really didn't think that motorized hood lift was a good fit for the project, but I am sure it impresses the masses (and brings them views). So I guess I get it.  

I don't think that was for the masses. If it was, they would have shown how they built it. I think Nik just really wants a motorized flip front, and since this is his ridiculous project he's going to do it exactly like he wants. It would be a shame to spend a couple thousand hours on something and then think, "I wish I had..." every time you look at it.

1 hour ago, calZ said:

I don't think that was for the masses. If it was, they would have shown how they built it. I think Nik just really wants a motorized flip front, and since this is his ridiculous project he's going to do it exactly like he wants. It would be a shame to spend a couple thousand hours on something and then think, "I wish I had..." every time you look at it.

The other issue, is what are they going to do when the fabrication is finished? If they keep adding things like the flip front, they can keep going and going ;) 

They definitely have inspired my builds.