HybridZ
Home Built by Jeff

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

Hey guys,

I have owned my 1971 240Z for around 12 months now, but this week I have finally been able to start work on it. I have been going hard on my other project, a 1973 Porsche 911 RSR inspired build, but I am waiting for custom engine parts, so I can finally start my Z project.

I bought the car as someones failed project, so it was completely stripped. Everything is there though, and it is an amazingly clean, rust free shell, so it should make for a great project.

This week I first needed to replace the front wheel bearings on the 911 so I could put wheels on it and move it out of the way. I then got into doing a stocktake on my Z to see what it needed, and start formulating a plan for the build.

Here is the episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoNU6IjrrEU

Edited by Home Built by Jeff

4 hours ago, rturbo 930 said:

Welcome! I thought your name seemed familiar but it took me a moment to place it. If I remember right, you did a video of a track day with Jack Olsen. Anyway - I've added you to my subscriptions list to follow the build.

Yep. Jack was nice enough to take me out on the track in his beast. I have been concentrating on my 911 for so long, it is refreshing to start on something different.