Jump to content
HybridZ

Whitley_280z_2+2

Members
  • Content Count

    94
  • Donations

    0.00 USD 
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2
  • Feedback

    N/A

Whitley_280z_2+2 last won the day on June 18

Whitley_280z_2+2 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

3 Neutral

About Whitley_280z_2+2

  • Rank
    Regular

Profile Information

  • Location
    North Carolina

Recent Profile Visitors

1156 profile views
  1. I followed @grannyknotsuggestion. Spent $10 on a canister from a Miata at a junkyard. It makes a huge difference with the fumes!
  2. Yeah I think it’s such a common problem because people don’t realize how easy it is to misplace the weights and they don’t check their work. I work at a GM plant where they mount their own tires and even though they have the wheels/tires balanced with a robot they still double check each wheel to make sure all is good. I'm sure you will figure it out!
  3. I had a shimmy problem like you’re talking about real recently. Didn’t think it was the wheels because they were balance not too long ago but had them redone just in case. This didn’t fix the problem so we went over everything checking for wear and didn’t find anything. Took the wheels to a different place and explained the issue and after they balanced the wheels/tires the problem went away. I guess some shops just don’t know what they’re doing. Also, the car has the exact same wheels as yours which I thought was interesting.
  4. Yes! Got lucky and found a complete seat with the frame and everything on EBay.
  5. Got the Z tuned today! Made 295 hp and 340 ft/lbs torque at the wheels on 87 octane. The tuner thinks he can get to about 350 go on 93.
  6. We pretty much had to go vintage air because the original system was in very poor shape. The car had been sitting for 15-25 years I’m guessing, so it would have been a lot more work to bring the original system back from the dead. Also vintage air is a lot more DIY friendly if you aren’t familiar with A/C concepts. Hope that helps.
  7. This is all I have. Hope it helps. The kit is pretty easy to install and it works well with the Vintage Air Gen II compact system. Other people on here probably have better pics but thought I would try to help out.
  8. For anyone who might be interested, new O2 sensors fixed the random misfire issue. I think they went bad because of a completely blocked PCV system due to a kinked line (at least I hope there isn’t another issue).
  9. The misfire code we were dealing with went away in open loop mode where the engine runs on speed density (I think). After talking to some people, it seems like there still might be an issue with the MAF sensor because we never got a genuine GM part. An AC Delco part is on its way and in the meantime I cleaned the fuel injectors, verified the fuel pressure (steady 60 psi), and replaced a PCV hose because it was kinked. Since we are just waiting on a MAF sensor, I made this to show the whole build process:
  10. Hey neat! Will try to have the car at a Triangle Z car club meet soon seems like that’s the most active group nearby. Would be neat to see your car. It’s crazy you know that Church... the road that turns off there I think it’s called Rock Spring Church Road is really fun to drive ; ). Thanks for commenting!
  11. Game over... misfire and the dreaded P0300 random/multiple misfire code. Plugged in the intake air temperature for the first time (forgot to do that earlier because the engine only just today threw that code) and thought that would clear up the issue but nope. Time for some serious troubleshooting. Already has all new plugs, plug wires, MAF, O2s so I’m thinking coil, injector, or burnt wire.
  12. Did some fun stuff today. First, took a shot at a DIY alignment using the string method to get a total of 1/8 inch toe in. I know it’s not the most precise but the car tracks straight so we will just have to see how the tires wear in. Gave it the first wash! And went for a drive:
  13. I meant propellor shaft I guess... the one that goes from the transmission to the diff lol. I have a JCI driveshaft/propellor for the LS swap and the flange on it is way to thick for the original bolts otherwise I would definitely still use them. Thanks for the help anyways though!
  14. Found a driveshaft bolt in the driveway yesterday so that needed work. After further inspection, all the driveshaft bolts were loose. The bolts were a little short and had no lock tight. So, we replaced all the driveshaft bolts with these that have a shoulder and nylock nuts. The high beam switch on the turn signal lever has always been broken so we decided to install a button on the dash in its place. Took the dash out to put in a button that does the same thing. Forgot how complicated things were under the dash. Added a Deutsch connector to all the AC wires to make it cleaner. Also finally got an inner shift boot in, which should help a lot with noise and heat.
×
×
  • Create New...