HybridZ

You know you own a Datsun when.........

turboHLS30

When the general manager of the company you work for gives you a bonus check and says "We appreciate your extra hard work, this is for your Datsun.

When one of your coworkers grumbles about your loud exhaust when you drive past his house on the way to work every morning, but then admits to missing the v8 exhaust alarm clock when you finally get a quiet daily driver...

Edited by h4nsm0l3m4n

You know you own a Datsun: when your 2-year-old daughter says "Daddy's home!" when you are still a block away. Rebekah is 18 and leaving for college soon; those were sweet days....

No lie: this morning, my Sunday school teacher saw me nodding off and asked why I looked so tired. I told him I've been staying up all Saturday night for the past 3 months trying to finish up my Datsun. He says, "You have a Datsun?! He goes on, "I've had 4 of those: (3) 240s and a POS 260!" I didn't have the heart to tell him that my 240 is about 50% 260 (floor pans, hood, etc)-you know, the conversation was going so well and he thought he was finally breaking the ice and gaining insight into my inner most being-my very soul...Neither of us really said POS, it was church and all...It really stinks that people so totally blame the 260 for something that was easily fixed with a carb swap. We'll see if he shows up this afternoon to hold something for me and give my wife a break.

Edited by RebekahsZ

When a kid selling chocolates in the Target parking lot says " uh yeah, we're selling chocolate. But I just wanted to ask you what kind of car that was..."

(Yesterday, Moreno Valley CA. about 10 miles from where the girl at the Circle K says to her boyfriend: "Just like in the G6 Video, except just not shiny!" Boyfriend says "What's a Datsun?")

To be quite honest most of these are from my miata and 240SX since the datsun is still in the "collecting parts" phase, but they still apply fairly well.

When the people at the auto parts store know you by name and still can never guess what car to enter in the system.

When you've spent more than 30 minutes in the back of an auto parts store looking for that perfectly bent radiator hose.

When you have an entire box of used intercooler/radiator/exhaust pips laying around and can identify what every piece is, when you pulled it off of the car, and what bits have been cut and used elsewhere.

You know you own a Datsun when you realize that the main character on the "Wangan Midnight" comic series could be you...

And worst of all is that some of the episodes can be real trails of your Saturday night action with the friends...

You know you own a Datsun when you buy parts that you do not need now but you when needed they will be hard to find!!!

Hey PR280z... Give me a call. (787) 568-7146 and whenever you can lOg on to: www.zlegends.com

You know you own a datsun when you decide to sell your early 2000's german hatchback, worth roughly twice the price of a good restored Z, to fund your project, and you can't come up with a single reason not to.

And this dosent evan cover half the stuff you whant to buy.

...you own a copy of 'Wangan Midnight: The Movie' because it's about a S30.

Would that be the original one, or the current remake?

Or the period-correct Manga?

Don't forget "Circuit Wolf" or the "eX-Driver" Movie...

And you know just how far to fast forward the Harry Hamlin movie "King of the Hill" to hear Dan Haggerty (the lead tuner at "The Small Fast and Expensive German Car Shop" from Santa Monica turn his head to the skies to listen to a distinctive exhaust note and proclaim "Sounds like a Datsun!"

B)