HybridZ

Tokico woes.....

Looks like there's an issue with Tokico's USA distributorship and some greenbacks......just got notified that Tokico's are in short supply due to the 'issue' with their US distributor. Car has been up on jackstands for 2 weeks and just went to check my order status and found that they are just plain not available. Placed another order through Amazon - and I'm being given a ship date of May 28 to July 5th. Jeez - I don't want KYB's - what are my other options (and part #'s if you have them) in the adjustable performance strut market?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a set of Tokico springs on backorder from MSA since January. I hadn't heard about a specific problem, but that would certainly explain things. Thankfully, the car is no where near needing suspension...but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't cancel the order and find a different spring.

Cross post...

Tokico USA is messed up.  They outsourced all of their importation, warehousing, and distribution to one of their WDs (http://www.belshoreinc.com/) in mid-2011.  It has been screwed up since then and I bailed on selling their products in late 2011.   Belshore went under in late 2012:  http://business-bank...enterprises-inc

From what I understand Hitachi is shutting down Tokico and pulling out of the aftermarket.  They have had no new product development since 2009.

So assuming the Tokico supply has effectively dried up, what would be a good second choice over their performance springs? I've already got brand-new struts, and I don't really want to go with coil overs.

For springs, Suspension Techniques is a good alternative.

Springs are great - but I need a good quality performance oriented strut cartridge. KYB's are out. Won't use them. I suppose Koni is the only other player in that arena for the S30? Anyone have part #'s for 78 280? Fronts specifically?

Just for giggles, I placed an order with Amazon - thinking they have a ton of suppliers and they can certainly get it. My order went through, but with a delivery date of anywhere from May 28th to July 8th.....not acceptable.

i just ran into the same problem. i did some searching and found this website has the konis for pretty damn cheap.

http://thmotorsports.com/i-99255.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=99255NOFITMENT&utm_campaign=GoogleShoppingSeanNOFITMENT&adtype=pla&kw=&gclid=CLOsvYbEzrYCFeeDQgoda3wA5A

then just order the gland nuts from betamotorsports

Edited by omgtofu

I talked to Techno Toy Tuning and they cant get them either. Said that the importer was sold to another company and as soon as they transfered tthe deal the new company or the that companies parent went bankrupt and ceased all sales. Now Tokico is trying to arrange a new seller.