HybridZ
nzarano

set up wheels ( for track or general...)

would anyone be interested in set up wheels for their z? I am currently desgining some for a race car and the design is quite adjustable and would work with a z quite well.... dependson your hubs and what you want but feel free to message me for info on prices and designing to your spec and needs!

They look like a cross between these

image.jpeg.8ede9d6ab02da2451b258e312bbaa753.jpeg

and these 

image.jpeg.a7285f511c67d72e29cbf24b648973af.jpeg

They will be laser cut (or water jet still working out...) aluminum or steel depending on want and need and supplied with ball transfers for the feet and proper hardware, the system has been designed in cad, tested in real life and also tested in FEA to ensure that they wont buckle and hardware is adequete. I can add logos or labels on them as well. comment or message me if youre interested they make adjusting your suspension a breeze!

edited to say i can add logo

Edited by nzarano

16 hours ago, 260DET said:

Colour me ignorant but what are 'set up wheels'?

Wheels for setting up your car 😉

The items pictured are more like hub stands as they don't resemble wheels

It goes something like this - jack car up - wheel off's - bolt hub stand's to hub's in place of wheel's - lower onto corner weight scales/set up patch - give it a good shake to settle the suspension - adjust away to your hearts desire, without having to fight your way around the wheel that's normally in your way 

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2020 at 11:03 PM, zbloke said:

Wheels for setting up your car 😉

The items pictured are more like hub stands as they don't resemble wheels

It goes something like this - jack car up - wheel off's - bolt hub stand's to hub's in place of wheel's - lower onto corner weight scales/set up patch - give it a good shake to settle the suspension - adjust away to your hearts desire, without having to fight your way around the wheel that's normally in your way 

exactly this! my designs were made for a race team to help make toe, camber, etc adjustments quickly. We can change set up 3 times a day during testing and they can be quite different set ups. probably only for people tracking their car that wants better accuracy than standard at home adjustment methods and dont want to have to pay someone to adjust their suspension. 

On 2/11/2020 at 7:59 PM, nzarano said:

exactly this! my designs were made for a race team to help make toe, camber, etc adjustments quickly. We can change set up 3 times a day during testing and they can be quite different set ups. probably only for people tracking their car that wants better accuracy than standard at home adjustment methods and dont want to have to pay someone to adjust their suspension. 

So ,in addition to the OP's setup jigs, what budget alignment equipment would be needed?

Main thing is a flat surface to set them on. Can do most of the rest with digital level and tape measure. I find measuring caster to be a real PITA. That would be easier with turn plates, but then you'd need 4 or at least platforms in the back to get back to level again.

On 2/21/2020 at 1:30 PM, JMortensen said:

Main thing is a flat surface to set them on. Can do most of the rest with digital level and tape measure. I find measuring caster to be a real PITA. That would be easier with turn plates, but then you'd need 4 or at least platforms in the back to get back to level again.

flat surface is ideal, however with ball transfers and level these can compensate slightly.....they can also come with load sensors to do corner weights. For caster turn in plates do help but arent necessary. these can help with measuring caster as well. really help with all measruements if you use them right. theyre used by most racing teams because theyre quick, easy, and dont take up alot of space