HybridZ

Two Years in the Federal Correctional Facility in Sheridan O

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to go shooting A LOT. I remember when I was 18 going to the gun store and asking for a box of 44 mag shells (my buddy had a T/C Contender, and we were going to the pistol silhouette range). They told me I couldn't buy "handgun" ammo but I could by rifle ammo. What kind of sense does that make??? That really pissed me off. I told them I had a Marlin lever action 44 mag rifle, so would they sell it to me? No was the answer. Then I asked for some .223 ammo. No problem. Needless to say, at the range we switched barrels and I was shooting targets with .223 out of the Contender, which is a handgun. I also asked if I could buy .22 ammo. Nope. But they had no problem selling me 20 guage shotgun shells!

Freakin stupid gun laws! At 18 I could die for my country, but I couldn't buy a beer, and I could shoot shotguns all day long, but I couldn't be trusted with a .22. Before they started checking ID's when I was 16 I used to go get 500 rounds of shotgun and pistol and rifle ammo and me and my buddy would go to the range and shoot all damn day. The range wouldn't check either. I never caused a problem, so why would they???

Who comes up with these laws??? Obviously people who've never shot a gun in their lives. I guess it's my libertarian ethics or something, but I don't see a problem with 18 year olds buying whatever ammo they want. When they do something illegal, then and only then should they should be punished severely. But that all goes out the window when the laws don't make any sense!!!

My still pissed off about it a decade later $.02,

Jon

Same here... but they would sell me .44 mag ammo for my Ruger .44 carbine. They always asked "what you using this in"? I never knew why until one day I asked. DUMB DUMB DUMB. Same with .22 ammo.

This subject really heats me up. :fmad:

AND I'm with Racin Jason.... I too will pretend I didn't read that. :nono:

d9

• 1 year later...

I'm a relatively new member, but I just saw this post. After 9/11 things got worse not better. David Hudak was wrongfully arrested for illegal firearms, explosives and conducting terrorist training down here in roswell NM. 2 years in jail/prison, prison when the jails were full. He was exhonerated, the govt. screwed up, He lost everything he ever had and/or ever will have. He went back to Canada and now he can't even get a travel visa to come back to the states. He owns property here and his guns and explosives are being held by Coonie's explosives Inc. in Hobbs, NM. The govt. refuses to release them even to this day when David Hudak has been cleared of any wrong doing.

If you think Waco and Ruby Ridge were accidents, then you have to believe that 50 to 200 Federal agents were just like the Nazi's and "following orders".

I'm sorry folks, the law enforcement is not here to "serve and protect" they are here to "screw and shaft". I know too many that are soo crooked that they will have to be screwed into the ground when they die.

Hang in there big guy, there are people who don't believe all the govt's crap.

David

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

Do a little research on Gen. Wesley Clark if you want to learn a little more about Waco.

I think they should just lock up murderers, rapists, and repeat-offending thieves. Law enforcement needs to look to their own credo: "To protect and serve", and do just that, instead of "to harrass and punish".

Makes me want to move to Canada. :(

I was in touch with him until about 6 months ago (until stuff in my own life got pretty crazy). I thought his username was something similar to TOMAHAWKZ but I think I must be wrong since it looks like someone else has that username. Last time I heard, things were as 'OK' as they could be, given that he was in prison. At that time, release time was coming up within a few months. I got a strong sense that Larry didn't always see things the way the prison guards and administrators wanted him to see things so I hope he didn't get any extra time.

John

I sold him a bunch of parts just before he went for his Federally sponsored vacation. I offered to refund the money, but he declined, so he has parts waiting for him (gathering dust in my garage), so I would imagine I will hear from him as soon as he is out. Nothing yet, though.....hope he is OK, he was a real light on this board and I personally miss him.

• 3 weeks later...

First I want to thank all you guys who wrote me (especially John Haag for all the magazines that eventually were confiscated for unknown reasons) and apologise for not writing back to all of you who wrote to which was always comforting to recieve. Every time I went to the "hole" all the addresses seem to mysteriously (?) disappear. Since I refused all money sent to me, any stamps in my possession would be contraband which would mean another trip to the hole. In two years, I went to commissary twice (of which I am very proud and gave me "hard core status"). I came home in February to find my Hybrid Z name has been changed from Tomahawk Z, a hybrid Z guru and demoted to senior member "Anonymous" of which I will have to learn to spell. I can only find a few of my "posts" out of a few thousand submitted.................. My fellow inmates at Sheridan Work Camp began announcing me as "here comes trouble" during the last 6 months of my 28 month incarceration.............. I may hold the record for filing more complaints against staff and (eleven) "2241" writs of habeas corpus in the Oregon Federal District Court than anyone at the Sheridan Federal Facility. I spent the last two months in the "hole" for seperate incidents of insolence towards staff members (well worth it and would do it again since the experience will net another "2241" writ !). I am in the Ninth Circuit on appeal of one of three seperate appeals, and hoping to have a published case in the law books on pre-trial release. I have 8 more appealable "2241" writs plus a "2255" in the federal district court........................ No doubt, I need to get a life back to a SBC Datsun but my SBC got stripped of parts and a lot of my tools were stolen................... My Tomahawk # 8 ("Fat Boy") got a surreptious aborted mold splash by a "friend" while I was away serving time and while my wife was on vacation. At this point, it does not look like the unauthorized "splash mold" is going to come off the rear tub part of the body without a tremendous amount of work............. My old dog is still alive but took three days to remember me. My wife did not divorce me and I have a place to come home to. When I got out for some reason I had a craving for a box of Cracker Jacks and I still retain the prize from inside. I still have no tattoos and my bowel movements are becoming more regular after that prison food......... Nor have I lost my sense of humor which may have a touch of sarcasam

Welcome back!! This thread is the oldest thread I remember reading in the forum.... You went away shortly after I started coming here, and many of us will be very glad to have you back and participating again. Good luck with everything, I wish you a drama-less life.... at least until you get "#8" back on the road..... = )

tannji

Welcome back Tomahawk ! As a relatively new member I have done searches and read stuff from the past you had input to, thanks for the shared knowledge.

In the UK we have fucked up gun laws too - I had all of my hand guns made illegal (no one here can have them anymore) and had to hand them in. I can no longer have a .22 hand gun but I have a .300 Winmag sniper rifle and am licenced for a .50 cal !!!! Can you believe that ? Cannot have a handgun useless past 100 yards but can have a sniper rifle accurate to a mile and a half ??????

Anyway, the upshot is you're back, they didn't break you and I look forward to caustic sarcastic wit. :-)

Sounds like you will still be Tomahawk........ am sure the administrators can give you your id, status and post count back.