HybridZ

Some neat videos

CruxGNZ

Video 1: I believe this video was posted when it first happened, but the first video did not have this much footage. You can actually see what happened to the 350Z. To those that speak Japanese, what happened to it?

Right click, save as

Video 2: This sure caught me off guard! Is it a airplane, or is it a boat? It's set to one of my all time favorite songs.

Right click, save as

!M!

Sounds and looks mechanical to me too Mat. Also how they showed the left front end seperated from the Z and how he was downshifting to slow it down. Would love to know what they were saying.

That Hydro-Foam boat/plane/car thingabob is cool. My son would love it. Oh yeah, me too ;) I went to the site but they don't have plans or kits made up yet. It is very cool. Now if it could look a little more like a Z...

Another forum (don't remember which one...it was a while back) had that video and they concluded it was from a blowout -- I'm not sure what kind of evidence they had to support their claim, though. I think stony's conclusion is better.

maybe power stearing went when the engine died? i dont speak japanese though so just a guess, and a bad one at that. blow out notlikely imho (would the the car would be much worse off.... much quicker) the rear end dying sure maybe why not. If you can read japanese your probably right!

Guest Battle Pope
Tire bust...

his top speed was 340 KM/h...then the tire went...drivetrain problem was not the issue.

he got the speed down to 240 KM/h before he popped of the road..

but it was just the rear left tire that popped...

212 MPH!! Daaaaang!

Guest ON3GO
Worlds fasted Z?

Nice find Mat!

i forgot who but some 300zx TT Z32 guy went 221 or something like that, it was a white one.

was built as a pure street car but he brought it to the salt flats.

i could be wrong and maybe thats what he said it will do, i dunno.. been awhile.

anyways ya it was a blowout, the signal crew will be at it again soon with a new car!

mike

Found this site a few weeks ago, these guys are doing amazing things with flat foam sheeting and electric motors. Among other things, the boat/plane seen in the video. This is the HybridZ of radio control stuff.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380781

That is one Bad A$$ 350Z, seeing that makes me seriously reconsider ever taking mine for a top speed run when it's finished.....

Mike

Sounds/Looks like the right front started blowing chunks into the federwell, sounding like a mechanical problem. This would exlplain the downshifting rather than breaking in the video. Looks like as soon as it actually blew out, it pulled hard to the right :( I'm definitely upgrading to something better than Sumitomo tires before I try anything crazy like this, as well as adding a cage, and an ejection seat if I can find it.....

Mike