HybridZ

Suspension techniques 240Z Sway Bars cost $429.00 at Victoria Brit!

kind of going off topic here... but you know, swaybars for the Z cost way too much. Even MSA sway bars went up in price, now at 229 (I bought them for 199 for the set 4 years ago)

429 is crazy for a set of sway bars... someone should start making copies at a cheaper cost :)

Best price I can get is $279 my cost if I buy 5 sets. The prices you guys are getting from Summit is below what I can purchase them for. Of course, ST offered to sell me the sets at $249 if I do a $10,000 jobber buy in. :confused2

The part number you want is: 52095 and comes with everything you need for installation.

Look up Traction Master Corp. They have springs and bars for Z's.

I have them on my '75 - they were much less expensive than MSA or ST pricing - I think I got two bars for ~$179. Springs were ~$150.

They are known for Mustang stuff, but carry stuff for Z's and 510's too.

Best price I can get is $279 my cost if I buy 5 sets. The prices you guys are getting from Summit is below what I can purchase them for. Of course' date=' ST offered to sell me the sets at $249 if I do a $10,000 jobber buy in. :confused2

The part number you want is: 52095 and comes with everything you need for installation.[/quote']

Thanks for looking into getting us a better deal, John.

I just called summit and they are on backorder for at least 4 weeks on the 52095 kit. Their price, btw, is $239.95. Shipping is free, handling is $8.95. One of the online options had an outrageous shipping price of around $80. shox.com wanted around $35 for ups ground shipping.

Summit, however, does have the 280 kit (p/n 52100) in stock and on the shelf. The 280 kit has a 1 1/8" front bar and a 7/8" rear bar, plus all needed hardware. It's probably overkill for our cars, but it is available now. The price on this one is $235.95... interesting that the bigger bars are $4 cheaper.

280 bars are bigger, but only the 73 240 have the factory sway bar mounts IME. If you have an earlier car you need the uprights which is why the smaller bar kit is more expensive. But the cars are lighter. If you have a 73, best thing to do for the $ is just bolt on the 280 bars.

FWIW, I've been selling these kits for some time but have been remiss in posting them up on my site. Price has been $290 shipped to your door/insured for the full Suspension Technique swaybar upgrade kits (240 or 280, same price) and will continue until I hear of a price change. No taxes/duties owed in addition. Just an option.

280 bars are bigger, but only the 73 240 have the factory sway bar mounts IME. If you have an earlier car you need the uprights which is why the smaller bar kit is more expensive. But the cars are lighter. If you have a 73, best thing to do for the $ is just bolt on the 280 bars.

yes, that's correct on the '73 being the only 240 with factory rear sway bar mounts. however, i ordered the 280 kit for my '73 right after finding that price with summit racing. unfortunately, the rear bar 280 sway bar won't work on the '73. while technically the mounts are there, they are in the wrong location. the front inner control arm bushing bolts are right where the bar needs to be. i was hoping to use this bar since i had to remove my 240 sway bar when i converted to the z31 cv's.

i compared to my '78 and '76 280's, which the bars easily fit, and noted the difference in location of the sway bar mounts. i have heard of someone using the rear s/t 280 bar on a '74 260, though, and will be verifying that this weekend. i'll try to take some pics to show the differences in mounting locations.

these bars are huge...

interesting, indeed. i'm not saying they weren't on your parts car, but there is no way that the suspension techniques rear bar will fit on my '73 car as the bar and the mounts currently are. here is what the mounts look like on my '73:

240_rear_mount.jpg240_rear_mount2.JPG

here is what the suspension techniques 280 bar looks like:

280_susptech_rear.jpg

here is what my dirty '78 280, with the stock bar still installed, looks like (my '76 is the same):

280_rear_mount.jpg280_rear_mount2.JPG

i'll look at my friend's '74 260 this weekend. i took pics of the '73 and the '78 cars while laying next to the passenger side rear wheel of each car. you can easily see that the mount of the 240 is in a different location, further to the rear of the car. it's even oriented in a different direction.

the only way it would fit on my '73, such that it will clear the control arm bushing bolts, is either:

if it were shaped like this crude ms paint edit suggests...

280_susptech_rear_edit.jpg

or by relocating the mounts to be where they sit on the later cars.

I think you guys are confusing the two different rear anti-roll bar mounting styles that ST sells. For 70 through 73 they sell a rear bar that mounts to the transverse link mount braces and for 74 and later car they sell a rear bar that mounts to the factory mounts on the chassis in front of the diff.

The rear mounting style has better angles and is more effective. It can also be used on the 74 and later cars.