HybridZ

My Sweet new motor setup (just finished!!)

Garrett76Zt

SEZ here I come!!

8473Dscn0043.jpg

garrett1.jpg

garrett2.jpg

garrett3.jpg

3.0 Liter forged motor . . .

Thagard intake manifold . . . http://www.speedshopthagard.com

Pallnet O-ring rail (custom brackets). . . http://www.freewebs.com/pallnet/

450cc injectors . . .

60-1 turbo . . .

Dyno sometime next week, should make about 400hp to the wheels at about 20 psi . . . we'll see!!

What do yall think?

YES! She's in! Damn sweet. :-D Hey, those intercooler pipes look nice, awsome color! :mrgreen: Any word on the exaust yet? I just don't have the time this week to fly down there. Side jobs are killing me every evening this week, PLUS a new girlfriend that needs attention at night, uhg... If you can get that puppy running and fly up here with open downpipe, I'll fix ya' right up.

Oh, by the way, here's some freekin' awsome news! My tranny will be ready this Wednesday from Jimmy's and I have Ross's ('64 Buick with GN engine) Dad's lift to do the exaust on (hells yeah!). I may have my Z running for the next SEZS. Is that nuts or what? :shock:

!M!

Thanks for all the positive comments guys . . .

I was just lazy with those clamps, although there are beads welded around every connecting pipe . . .

Well the drivetrain on this car is gonna be the interesting part. I did the 240sx tranny swap with an ACT 6-puck . . .bad news is I still have halfshafts and and open r200. That would be the only thing that should keep this car out of the 11's . . . the car only weighs 2525 lbs . . .

time will tell . . .

awesome Garrett!!

I have been out of town for the last month or so, so I haven't had a chance to return your call. I guess you made good on whatever it was you were gonna ask me about...

Anyway, when you run out of injector, I have a set of 550's that I'll cut you a deal on. :-)

Mike . . . I might have to take you up on that after i hit the dyno and see what i can do with these 450's

So I crank it up yeterday, with just the downpipe . . .It sounds EVIL . . .

I hit the throttle a few times to get my jollies and all of a sudden i get a nice fine stream of fuel spraying from the outlet of my brand new Aeromotive Fuel Filter!! Its right where the AN fitting screws into it . . . I gotta go back and figure out whats up today. . .

Garrett,

I'm right behind you. I am hoping to get the same h/p results.

I will be finishing up fine polishing the exhaust runners on my P90 today then back to the machine shop it goes.

Here is my current build-up:

2,8 liter F54 Wisco Forged Pistons

-Race Prep Rods

-Balanced Rotating Assembly

-Port and Polished P90

-Isky Custom Ground Cam

-Ferrara Valves

-TEC 3

-Thagard Intake w/ Q45 modified T/B

-Billet Fuel Rail

-550cc NISMO Injectors

-Tempest Racing Custom Stainless Exhaust Manifold

-SC61 Turbo

-24x8x3 I/C

- 3" T/B side 2.5" Turbo side I/C piping

You mentioned that you you're using the 240sx tranny. I'm curious to see how well it will hold up to the kind of torque you are going to be putting out. If it handles ok, I'd like to do the same swap, but my guess is there's no way its going to hold up to 450+lbs of torque. I just decided for myself that i'd drive like a granny ti'll I can afford to do a tremec setup like Jeff P's. These zx trannies are getting too old, and I suck at swapping them anyway. Glad to see you're trying before me though. Please keep us posted on the results. I'm sure you will.

Dave