HybridZ

Update... Progress pictures.

240hoke

hey guys,

thanks for the compliments so far. Those last picture were a little dark so i snapped a couple this morning in the light. Like i said before everything is mocked up jsut waiting for the motor.

And on that note i wanted to add again that i have yet to recieve my pistons from Alex costa, I thought things had been straightened out. But he still has not com through on his second promise and i cannot get in touch with him.

But anyway.. ENJOY!!

Picture_035.jpg

Picture_047.jpg

Picture_049.jpg

Picture_046.jpg

-Austin Hoke

Damn thats a sexy Z!

If I were in the market for L28ET parts I would not be contacting Mr. Alex Costa for parts....this is just BS. I dont care if he is "busy" or supposedly the pistons got used in a different motor...last time I checked you paid for them so they should be yours! I would be flying off my handle if I were you. All hes doing now is hurting his own business by not getting you those pistons ASAP. I think if he would have got them to you with in a week after you finally contacted him he would have saved face but its just not looking good for him now. Sorry it had to be you. Too bad it wasnt someone who wasnt in a time crunch. Rant over! LOL

Anyways keep the pics coming! (the 3rd pic is my new background on my computer!)

Guy

im not gonna say anything more on this.

Austin is my friend, he knows that and me and him are cool with each other.

Alex is also my friend, and even though i do agree with austin that its taking way to long, not many ppl know the whole story.

alex ordered the pistons for a guy who said they were in stock.

turns out the guy never told alex they were already sold and so alex ordered a set for austin. He also ordered a set for my green Z.

That shop who got the order got them in and when the hurricane hit it ruined the shop and alot of crap got water on everything, most of the shop was messed up bad.

the pistons were in that shop.

i havent heard anything from alex in the last few days about this but he was trying to get the pistons to austin.

all i know, and all ill say on it.

sucks for austin, even sucked for me as i waited longer then austin for my ECU from alex, but **** happens and happens to and from good people.

mike

P.S. austin i hate you.. your car is awesome! but you tried to copy my blue Z. ahahah you know it :D

mike

Hi Austin

I first want to say that you car and Jason Parruta's http://www.geocities.com/jasonparuta/ are an inspiration to my early 260z build, your car is awsome. I have a question regarding the frame rail connectors. I see they are not flush with the floor, would that height be in the way when you are accelarating or braking?

Ari

Thanks for all the complements!

On the subframe connectors -- they are pete's design here he was the original designer of the z s/f connectors, so props to him! If you search on his website he added some flat steel pieces to transition from the floor to the s/f connectors. Ive tried sitting in the car and working the brake and clutch and didnt have any issues at all so i left it how it is. I do have small feet though.. anyway I may add something later.

I am soo ready to drive the car... really really really hoping to have her done by the end of november as that will be exactly one year from when i bought her and did the complete tear down. If you guys are interested in more pictures you can visit http://gallery.voodoo-people.com/austin -- its old stuff though i will be working on getting some new things up.

-Austin

ps. mike - due to the circumstances i wouldnt be mad to much but given there is absolutly no communication from alex i believe i am getting the run around...