HybridZ

Bow down to Foose !!

clint78z

I have always been a huge admirer of Chip Foose, he is amazing to watch. He can make colors work that I would never pick. His designs have such proportion and flow, many very expensive rods don't cut the mustard with me.

The grand master rod here takes my breath away. The details like the brake master cylinder and air scoop are stunning. The integration of body to frame is outstanding. This car blew my mind, doesn't look like much from the first snapshot, so understated to begin with then it blows you away.

http://www.wallesdator.com/Foose%20design/Grand%20Master/Page1/Grand%20Master%20page1.htm

he really is something.

what i like most about him.. is the cars he builds, they dont look like a modded version of whatever car it is.

they look like they were build like that 1st.. everything fits, lines flow, and nothing looks out of place.

and none of the cars he builds looks like another he did before.

cant say that for boyd...

mike

Foose.... I watch almost all the overhauling shows. Said to myself he's defaintly one of the best when it came to domestic cars old and new. Then I recently saw an overhauling show with an older honda civic. Seeing so many honda's around, they don't catch my attention. The civic Foose did was very nicely done. Loved the widebody he modified, rear intergrated wing made by another truck lid. The bottom rear kit. The only thing I didn't really like was the grill. Seems like he been doing imports for a while.

He is defaintly the Man when it comes to complete overhauling or conversions in domestics and imports.

-R

Boyd is an over rated certified arsehole!

Couldnt have said it better myself! I can't stand Boyd or the cars he makes. 9 out of 10 of them look like the last one he made. Yeah he makes some cool cars that are 1 offs but its not like he's designing it!

FOOSE IS THE MAN!

Guy

Lets remember:

- Chip is great and learned a lot from his dad who was a hot rod builder

- Boyd C. (yes is an ****ole ) BUT! he did step up the art form for his time to a much higher level ,,Nes Pas. I think he needs a better Public Relations Manager.

Ferd

Foose is the man, but don't forget about his competition.....Rad Rides by Troy. RRBT built one of my favorite cars of all time, the Chicayne.

If either one were to do a rendering for any car, expect no less than $500-$1000 to do so. Now, when you're ready to have them begin the project, have that checkbook open expecting to spend no less than $100K. After your checkbook is open, the next phase is the two year waiting period. Yeah, both are backlogged that far. A great deal of their projects are subcontracted, but they both oversee everything and have total creative control over the project (including the owner).

I would love to have RRBT or Foose perform their skills on my Z, but there are others that are worthy as well that are coming up in the ranks.

So when is Foose going to do a Z on Overhaulin? Lord knows there's plenty of worthy projects laying around! He is one of the few that I would let do my car for me!

The parents of a 16 year old in my car club attempted to get his 280zx overhauled. They were rejected early on in the process.

Bummer.

he really is something.

what i like most about him.. is the cars he builds' date=' they dont look like a modded version of whatever car it is.

they look like they were build like that 1st.. everything fits, lines flow, and nothing looks out of place.

and none of the cars he builds looks like another he did before.

cant say that for boyd...

mike[/quote']

I like the thing that all his car's have a unique falvor becuase he understands how to apply "foose" to what the customer wants.

If you wants a boyd hotrod, you get a boyd hotrod. And if that's what you want then you're fine. If you want something that is what you imagine, then foose will give you that and something better.

I think fooses key factor going for him is that he understands people. He understands what some people will like and won't like, and is able to make choices that the customer wouldn't exactly know what to do with. There's no such thing as "restoration" with foose, just taking something and turning it into what it should have been. And somehow to turns it into what the customer thinks the car should have been, not what HE thinks the car should have been. But somehow he puts a magical touch on everything he does so when you look at a car you can say "man, looks like foose had his hand in that."

First time I saw eleanor for gone in 60 seconds i said "DANG, that GT5 has foose written all over it." We buy the DVD some 6 moths later once it comes out, and while watching the special features we find out that foose designed the car himself. It just felt like his work from the getgo.

If I won the lotto, I'd have foose build me some cars for sure.

Until then I guess I need to learn alot more fabrication skills.