HybridZ

**Selling the Z**

Tim240z

I will be placing the classifieds ad as soon as I can get some time to list all that is included and come up with a reasonable price (trying to take my heart out of it)......advice appreciated on that point.

I have been thinking about it for months now and I just can't bring myself to cut into the bodywork to flare it. I am too sentimental about the amount of work that I put into the body (2.5 years worth)......

I know that this decision will produce ribbing from the peanut gallery, but so be it... :toetap05::-D:icon52:

Tim

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything except radiator, engine, gearbox, driveshaft, rearend, rear suspension. Everything else like fuel cell, gauges (except speedo), steering wheel (with quick release), Corbeaus etc are included. Also includes the set of 4 16" Centerlines and 245/45-16 tires with about 500 miles on them.

WHY?!?!?!?!

It's SO NICE. What's wrong with it? You're selling because you don't want to put flares on it? So don't put flares on it. I'm SO confused right now. I'm gonna go cry.

Ditto on that. These are one of those sad moments of HybridZ. Wish I could offer an legitamate opinion on the body.

Tyson

Guest grimlynsan

sell it to yourself.

if you sell it you wont have any control/attachment to the car. If you sell it to yourself (for a reasonable price) you won't have any probs putting on flares. To own it in close to the condition you have it in is better than not at all!

Good luck on the sale Tim. I'm debating whether or not to sell the GNZ myself. On one hand I have a car that is just a weekend and a few wrench turns away from running, but on the other hand I have the opportunity to buy a house if I sell it and my truck...

I know that this decision will produce ribbing from the peanut gallery' date=' but so be it... :toetap05::-D:icon52:

Tim[/quote']

You're damn right it will! WTF?!?! You think your bodywork is that good do you??? J/K :-) So...what...gonna get another Z and start over I guess?

Guest bastaad525

*on behalf of the peanut gallery*

um...

cool dude :D , that car is gonna make someone very very happy... I only wish I could be that lucky guy :D Seriously, no ribbing from this peanut. I've taken a lesson from you that... as much work as you ever put into a car, it's just a car, it's not like a child. Cars come and go and there will always be time/room for another project, something bigger and better. You already know I'm selling mine as well... much as I love that car and have told myself I could never sell it. I just don't feel like I'm doing it justice... in my head I'd want my car to be the way yours was... I mean that was DONE, body, suspension, engine, EVERYTHING. So I feel like I'm letting this cars potential go to waste. Not exactly the same reason why you are wanting to sell yours but I can totally agree with your sentiment... having been one of the lucky ones to see that car up close... you did AMAZING work man, it really is a rolling piece of art, even if it hasn't done much rolling lately ;) . I think I couldn't stand to cut into it either if that were my masterpiece. But as it stands it's not gonna work for what you want to do... those turbos are friggin huge and so is the motor you're putting them on and lord knows no amount of rubber you could fit under the stock body is gonna hold that beast in :D

I seriously wish I could afford to buy it dude and I greatly envy whomever ends up getting it.

I couldn't even imagine what it's worth, having seen it in several phases of being built and having a somewhat decent idea of how much work you've put into it... god I dunno... it's worth a lot of money :D I'm thinking five digits :D

For anyone who hasn't seen it up close and would even consider it let me tell you Tims workmanship is first rate, I could totally see that car winning car shows for how unique it is and the quality of the work.

GEEZ... :lmao:

Tim, Cut the friggin' thing up and make it into what you want... :toetap05:

Unless, of course, you have already found another clean shell to start with... I'd sell it as a roller if you can and just duplicate the suspension and whatnot...

It's just a car, remember that... :2thumbs:

Mike

I think you're doing the right thing. Somebody out there is looking for a straight shell with some custom touches. If they're dumb enough to buy that one and then flare it, well more power to 'em. In the meantime you get some money out of the deal and get another Z that you can cut up. I'm not against cutting it up because it is a work of art or some sentimental BS like that, I just think you can make a little money selling it.