HybridZ

7 dyno pulls and 1/4 tank of gas later...

TimZ

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well now i know atleast what parts i need to get to reach my goal lol.

that sucker is bad!!!

congrats!

where did you get all the tid bits for that intake manifold? like any info at all would be great!

mike

Guest 73Turbo240z

Well damn... after seeing your engine/list i guess i won't be a threat to your dynochart lol... but good god, i like that setup.

care to share info on why you ditched the e-pump and e-fan? i'm assuming cooling issues obviously, but where were you experiencing the overheating?

i'd wondered about those e-pumps, so i'm interested in hearing how it fell short of the old fashioned mechanical.

That's a alot of power and a nice power band, all the way up to 7500 ish. What was your afr?
I would also like to hear why you dropped the electric water pump.

AFRs under boost ranged from 11.25 to 11.8

at 7600rpm, injector duty cycle was ~88% on 72lb injectors

I gave up on the electric pump and fan after trying everything I could think of to get them to control my coolant temperature adequately. I went so far as to try using a Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump on the water pump, which bumped the supply voltage up to ~16V when the temperature exceeded 195degF. Didn't help. Tried the same with the fan, which helped a little, but when I still saw coolant temps rising after a short boosted run on a 70degF day, that was enough. Put the mechanical pump and fan back in and never looked back.

Tim forgot to tell you he has a GT42R waiting to be installed this winter. Suppoorts ~200hp more hp than the T64. Should see 575-600hp@wheels when all is said and done.

Nice number!

That would be this little guy:

gt42r_003.jpg

...still trying to figure out how to fit it in there, along with the requisite 4" exhaust... :shock:

That would be this little guy:

gt42r_003.jpg

...still trying to figure out how to fit it in there' date=' along with the requisite 4" exhaust... :shock:[/quote']

Now that's a big turbo. How do you think that will effect your overall power band?

I was just thinking about some of the more developed cars on the site seems like they spend more time in the construction stage of things than on the road side of things. Not that some of these cars are daily drivers but, it seems like the quest for "more" of everything requires more and more down time. I know that's my personal experince as well. Just thinking out loud. :-D

I was just thinking about some of the more developed cars on the site seems like they spend more time in the construction stage of things than on the road side of things. Not that some of these cars are daily drivers but' date=' it seems like the quest for "more" of everything requires more and more down time. I know that's my personal experince as well. Just thinking out loud. :D[/quote']

Isn't that the truth. I kinda wish I'd have left my last set up alone. I know TimZ also has spent alot of down time, but it sure feels good once its been upgraded, and you put your foot to it... :burnout:

I hope to be seeing what mine will do pretty soon...

I also hope to reach TimZ's numbers, or close....

If I had Tim tunning my car, I think it would be close.... He's a TEC2 wizzzz.....

Congrats on the numbers!

I was curious if you were using the bhj damper on that setup, since strokers generally have problems over 6k on the stocker (or euro, ati, for that matter)?

Its always cool to see someone extract this kind of power from an L. Its too bad that it takes so many one off parts (well header and intake at least) to make it happen without N20. Glad to see you didn't go with a boring automatic on your setup. How hard is that G-force setup to come by? And how do you like it so far? Was your choice in staying with low compression decided for reason of high boost/pump gas? And how do think it'll affect the spoolup of the new turbo?

Sparks.. he says its a G-force t5 in the earlier posts.

again Timz... can ya give me any info on places to get those intake parts to build my own or really anything. it just looks amazing!

love the valve cover too :D.. sorta says "i just beat ya while i was sparkling :D"

mike

Good numbers man, I'm hoping for similar numbers myself when I make it in to the dyno to actually tune the car. I did I rough tune on the street but it's a little to crazy to get it set up to do anything other than drive. Not too many places you can do 3 or 4th gear pulls and live/stay out of jail to tell the story....especially repeated ones trying to get the car tuned. Have you had a chance to run it down the 1/4 yet in it's current configuration? I ran mine and had serious traction issues on street tires, so you better bolt up the slicks. I managed a few 125mph passes but didn't get the slicks on before the car developed a hickup caused by a bad plug wire.

Anyways, I'm suprised you had issues with the electric fan. Mines not a stroker, but I run a Zirgo 16" fan but stock water pump and the car never gets over 175 for normal driving at keeps around 180-190 after and during a run down the track, or even extended fun on the highway. Maybe it was more of an electric water pump issue than the fan itself? Anyways, good luck with the bigger turbo, I wanna see you put out something around 600rwhp...it'll give some of us the motivation needed to keep working on ours when they've been sitting in the garage for months on end!

Oh, I did have one question for you, that cam that elgin did for you, was that reground or on a new billet. I talked to Dema (sp?) and he didn't seem like he wanted to give me much for a cam, and it sounds like he set you up with a much more agressive camthan what he was specing me. I ended up going to webcams (per J. Thagards reccomendation) and have been pretty pleased so far, but like I said, I haven't made it to the dyno to actually tune it. I just set the cam up where I thought was best (since its not a standard grind I had no idea where to set it up) and just left it there for now. Dema had said they didn't have access to any new billets anymore and could only do regrinds...and he gave me the impression that a cam like what you have wasn't possible with a regrind, only a new billet. This was about 6-8 months ago. Anyways...

GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US UPDATED!