HybridZ

240Z widebody Sketch

Drftn280zxt

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Z Draci

I thought it was interesting that we both had the exact same hood design! I came up with those same vents for my "proposed" hood as well.

I just need somebody to do a custom carbon fiber lay for that . . .

That's a really cool modern interpretation of the S30. I'd personally lower that rear wing a big because it interrupts the sloping line of the car. I'm looking forward to your revision.

Sure use it, just don't take credit for the design :-D Thanks for the compliments and interest in it.

Would never dream of it. IMO thats not what hybridZ is about though we share a whole lot of ideas with each other its just respectful to give credit to the creator/designer/smarter guy/etc.

Tyson

or those fog lights in the lower air dams? Go figure ;)

Maybe I'm not the only one with my kinda of taste :lol:

I like the picture of the first one (nose on the right). To me that's as close to elenor as i've seen in japanese cars. My brother calls me crazy when I say I see some muscle potential in the S30. I should show him this pic. Perfect example of mustang shark nose.

I'll make as many complains as I can ;)

The turn signal could me a bit larger, so that the upper line paralleled the bumper and the bottom line fallowed the valance vent. Extend it farther back so it doesn't look blocky, fallowing those two lines till they meet.

I think the lines around the door could use some work, to tie the agressive look onto the side a little. Maybe a sharp angle upwards at the back bottom of the door/side skirt. I can see some stuff to do with the front seam, but I can't explain it. I'll let you imagine up some ideas.

It's really coming along though. Really awsome work for the speed. Must be beucase of the christmas vacation?

Guest nick_25

honestly, i like SBC400's the best, i have always like the simple yet extremly mean looking type of layout, alought i do enjoy seeing the wild and crazy versions to

Drftn280zxtLOVE the third design!!! Will say by far its the best I've seen! Wish I could get my Z to look something like that....

SBC_400Absolutely wonderful!!! It screams track car! I always liked the big mouth of Z's with no front bumpers. And the airdam and lower splitter make it look so aggressize yet so simple!!! Maybe when I turn the 280 into a track car I may go this way....

Great drawings guys!!! I have one somewhere, but its absoule garbage and I wouldn't want to stink up a wonderful thread! Keep up the great work! I need ideas for my Z's! hehehe....

I like SBC 400 's drawing. I still mine a lot, but nice work SBC 400. Definitely some IMSA influence there. The only problem I see with the drawing (being critical now, although you definitely have the talent) is that some components are scaled quite right. For instance the headlight buckets. They look huge. Nice style though, i was wondering what a diffuser on the front would look like on a 240Z, now I know :-D and I'm liking it.

Sorry GB20, but I'm not feeling the whole muscle car theme. Seems to wanna be. It is like your trying to say I want an elenor but can't afford one, so make a "fake" one. You'll never be satisfied since it won't be the real thing. Just my opinion though. I'm not hating on "muscled" 240z's, it's just not my thing.

From a design perspective yours looks way to busy with all the vents thrown together in one place. Maybe spread things out a bit, and the large nose looks way out of place. I see that you are trying to integrate the old mustage tails on the Z, that would probably look pretty good since they are of similar size and shape of the 240's tails, I'd like to see that done. Keep practicing. I got a reccomendation that works really good. Print out a Z picture in grayscale then draw your modifications over the picture with a pen that can bleed through the paper. Then everything else that was unchanged trace over with the pen. flip the paper over and VOILA! the new design is made, and in near perfect scale, you can't go wrong this way. As a matter of fact, all the 240 drawings I 've done thus far in this thread were done using the same picture, and you would never no since they all look different :-D:wink:

They all look better than any thing I'd hope to etch out... I'm definately liking SBC_400's the most, and especially the front end treatment, although the flares look awesome as well! :2thumbs:

Both the other renditions are pesonal choice statements... I see good in both, but they aren't for me personally! That's what makes "personalizing" your ride so fun. :2thumbs:

Keep them coming guys...

Mike :cool:

here is one of my quick sketches with a more simple front end

datsunsketch0uz.jpg

of all the sketches you've penned this is my favorite' date=' i absolutely love this rendering-the flares, hood, wheel combo, etc. what a great vision for an updated and very sporty look for our beloved z car. i was going to suggest a 'duck bill' attachment to the bottom of the front spoiler and then you pen that! i'd like to do that with my z. i'm also looking to do an addition to my current rear spoiler that will create a horizontal extention. how about you pen a low profile rear spoiler that has some rearward horizontal extention to it, possibly that extends rearward near the [imaginary vertical point of the rearmost part of the rear bumper'] rear bumper. i have a xenon low profile rear spoiler that extends over the rear quarters a bit and want to add to it.

how about a rear quarter view of your sketch?!