HybridZ

rb26 hakosuka on ebay

stony

I JUST saw this car when in San Diego ! It must be a GREAT business oportunity to let go of such a unique and well planned out toy Bryan ! I have to admit your a better man than I to do so. When Keith ( Zhadman) and I were there looking at it...the last thing I would have anticipated was for you to list her on Ebay within a few weeks later !

I hope he gets a million bucks ,he's a great guy.

Good Luck man !........Vinny

First off, I guess I should apologize for not listing it here first. I listed it on e-bay to try to get the maximum exposure to see how much it might go for. But to be honest, I'm really hoping it does not reach my reserve. I have listed it for a couple of reasons. I do actually have an opportunity that requires a big chunk of money. And this is the easiest and quickest way to get it. Secondly, I am trying to gauging interest in these cars. I have a couple more that have been offered to me but I am sceptical of sinking money into something I am not sure wil bring a return. So far, I am not convinced that the American market is ready to pay for high end, high dollar classic Japanese cars. I've even had a couple of 510 guys, (well known ones even), try to convince me that my car is only worth $5000. And they were rather rude in the way they went about it. But, then again, I guess that's why the 510 crowd has been labeled "cheap" for so long now.

As it is listed right now, I am looking for the best offer over $30k. If I were to keep the RB drivetrain, it's best offer over $20k. If I can't get that much, there is no point in selling my car. If someone does meet the reserve, so be it. If all goes according to plan, I'll just buy another one later. I don't want to sound casual about this. It is very difficult for me to consider losing my car. As you all know I have spent the last year working on it. But, chances are that it will not be going anywhere. We are talking about a lot of money here, especially considering more will need to be spent to finish it. I'm not sure people are ready to drop that kind of coin. A bit ironic though. If you see any RB swapped cars in Japan they are all going for a minimum of $50k, and this is for normally aspirated RB25's and such. I wonder what mine would be worth when it's finished? Anyhow, that's the story guys.

Brian

Just wondering, if they go for 50k in japan, why don't you just sell it there or am I missing something?

I think its the mere hassle of shipping it back etc... The guy has worked so hard to get it here that it just might be worth keeping a nice car like that in the states, why should the Japanese have all the fun? - Just kidding.

So far' date=' I am not convinced that the American market is ready to pay for high end, high dollar classic Japanese cars. I've even had a couple of 510 guys, (well known ones even), try to convince me that my car is only worth $5000. And they were rather rude in the way they went about it. But, then again, I guess that's why the 510 crowd has been labeled "cheap" for so long now.

Brian[/quote']

5,000$! pffft, thats ridiculous. I would like to have one within the next ten years and would be willing to spend 25-30K for the right one. good luck with the sale, i too am curious what the top ebay bid will be.

If you wanted to import them it would probably be best to offer "opportunity to purchase" rather than just importing them and trying to sell them here. at least that way the people that do come to you and commit will have to pay you some sort of non-refundable "importers" fee for the first few consultations.

of course I've never done anything like that and probably have no idea what im talking about :)

well good luck with the sale

As the other Hakosuka owner on this forum I too am very interested in seeing what kind of interest this car brings on the US market. I brought mine here because it was too expensive to bring my BNR32. I can not imagine selling mine without accomplishing everything that I want to. Which is destroying the ego of every domestic hotrod out there with a simple 30yr old nissan..Anyways good luck Brian.I would have liked to seen the RB26 turbo idea running..

LOL...510's only sell for around 700,000 Yen even in great shape in Japan!

Brian, I can't believe your selling....but good to know you'll just pick up another one!

I have a pretty good line on Hakosuka's now since I've been running all over Japan before I bought. If you need anything let me know (even if its a place to stay while you confirm on the car you would like to buy). The door is open. It certainly wouldn't be the first time we let some stateside car friends stay over...

I hope you're going to stay active on the site even if you do sell.....I may still have some questions regarding LSD's and such :)

Good luck!

As far as importing per order, most people don't seem too keen on waiting. I have not found anyone serious when it came down to it. They seem to want it right away. I can't say I blame them, it's hard to hand over that kind of cash to someone you don't know. But again, I want to say that I don't think my car will be going anywhere. No one has responded after hearing what I want for it.

HakosukaJD, I never got the chance to compliment you on your car. I'm happy to see you were able to get it. And in my color, no less. I think I may take you up on your offer for parts as I really want to get a chin spoiler for my car and a couple bits I need as well.

I will let everyone know how things go with the auction.

Brian

• 7 months later...

It has been a little while, but I do still have the car. It currently has no engine in it as the RB26 I had built was sold after that auction. The rest of the car is as it was. As most people here know I have brought up some RB30 blocks and plan to use one for the new engine. Everything is on hold at the moment though as I have recently moved to Phoenix and just this last weekend finally moved into my new house. If you would like shoot me a PM and I'll answer any questions you might have about Skylines.

Brian