HybridZ

Update on my car!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well not as much progress as i had hoped but made some today. Did more removing stuff then anything. Had to yank the motor out again to notch the strut tower. also got the motor mounts and got the mid plate mounts welded in. thats about it... so more not so interesting pictures.

my shocks

DSC01637.jpg

new motor mounts

DSC01636.jpg

DSC01635.jpg

Here are the mid plate mounting tabs, and hole cut in strut tower to clear the T8834D housing.

DSC01639.jpg

New wheels and tires. they are sitting about 2 inches above normal ride hieght. The side walls will be tucked up under the fender when its on teh ground in its final stance.

DSC01624.jpg

DSC01632.jpg

Sorry these are blurry i cant seem to figure out the danm camera so it doesnt do that.

here is the strut tower 95 % welded up. Its ugly now but will get grinded down and smothed out and repainted.

DSC01645.jpg

DSC01644.jpg

DSC01643.jpg

No it will be driven on the road

Very impressive!

If I'd have a car like that in Norway and drove it on the street,

I would be shot at site by the department of vehicles.. :D

Thoose wilwood rear breakes dont have hand brake right?

Is there some way to hook up a hydraulic hand brake to the rear lines?

I might end up with the same problem it seems like.

Here are some update pics from today. had the engine in and out like 4 times measureing and for final cutting of manifold and engine mid plate. enjoy

Lots of room now for the t88 still needs final touches and paint

DSC01667.jpg

Fitting intercooler

DSC01669.jpg

DSC01670.jpg

Initial downpipe fitting. this is going to be tight. i still have to get the midplate cut.

DSC01668.jpg

Final ride Height in the rear. its gonna fit perfect. only going to have to trim a little out of the inner fender lip. and still have to section the front struts so it will sit a little lower with out bottoming out the struts.

Any one have any ides on what struts i can use that will utilize the upper nut and be about 2 inches shorter then the stock 260Z insert???

DSC01674.jpg

DSC01673.jpg

DSC01672.jpg

DSC01675.jpg

DSC01676.jpg

Looks very nice. Is that an SSAUTOCHROME intercooler? Could you take some pictures of the internal core when you have a chance? I want to see what the interal vanes look like.

I really love the way a tubed Z car looks. Ever since I saw the Hot Rod Magazine pumpgas drag car I've wanted to do one. It just looks so clean with factory fenders and big meats underneath.

Justin

That may not be an SS Autochrome unit, but I think generally when people ask if its an "SS Autochrome" they are asking if it is a Chinese one, so I would say yes, that is a Chinese core just like mine and other members have.

yea it was a cheapo... should work fine

Some more pics from today 17 feb. had to get a final trial fit on the midplate and start fabricating the exhaust. Got all the intake and turbo stuff installed and looks like everything will fit.

yea the motor is a little forward but the 4 link will cure that :dancingb:

DSC01693.jpg

DSC01694.jpg

DSC01695.jpg

DSC01696.jpg

• 2 months later...

Ok guys its coming down to the wire. My car pickup date is scheduled for the first weekend in June. HAHAHA I think I have posted something like this for the last 3 years1!!!!

BUT here's the deal. The car is getting picked up finished or not. Progress on the car between now and then will decide on the fate of the car. The chassis guy is saying fro sure it will be done.... BUT as stated before I have seen many completion dates come and go allot with no progress from the last date!!!! SOOOOOO here's the deal. IF the car is done far enough but not finished I will consider finishing the car myself. BUT if the car is not close I'm not going to sink anymore cash into shipping somewhere for some else to finish it. What does that mean????? If I don’t feel comfortable in the amount of work left to finish the car I’m going to put it on the chopping block:icon55:

I really don’t want to do it but well I really don’t have the time or experience to finish the car to the level it has been built up to this point. So keep your eyes out there may be allot of my car up for sale in the next month or so.

hmmm, having been in the same situation with some of my cars in the past, I'd suggest pondering that last statement you made for awhile stony before making a decision as radical and final as that. The difference between squandering away cash on a gamble and the car is that in the end you have a car rather than just and empty wallet.

Dont worry I will put forth the max effort possible to finish this BUT i dont have endless pockets thus the situation im in.

Why you say????? well i got a great deal. I dropped the car and was quoted a certain amount and the time frame was 3-6 months best case 9 months worst case. i was good with that considering he has to make money right. I was still good with this after 2 years. But now im going on 4 years and i have lost my patience for this whole thing. we will see what happens around the beginning of june

Stony