HybridZ

Update on my car!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Your comment on it being 4 years since you last drove your car gives me comfort in knowing

I haven't driven mine in a little over 2 years. Then again, I haven't driven it at all since it wasn't

fully functional (electrical was a mess) when I got it :)

Not much Z left, but it looks really really good. Hope to see/hear it in person someday =)

Keep up the great work!

I keep being amazed .. the way this car is built is a fairly American approach ... so looking at a purpose built drag car i would suspect a big piece of Detriot iron upfront .. It kind of throws you of to see a line 6 there ..

great craftsmanship stony .. it sure is something that i get inspiration out of.

I keep being amazed .. the way this car is built is a fairly American approach ... so looking at a purpose built drag car i would suspect a big piece of Detriot iron upfront .. It kind of throws you of to see a line 6 there ..

great craftsmanship stony .. it sure is something that i get inspiration out of.

This little inline 6 will be putting approx 700 HP to the wheels so well it is being built this way for a reason.

all that amazing work on that car, stony, and no front end modification?

it look as though the entire tubeframe doesnt extend to the front section of the car. I know that's probably for safety reasons, but i figured you would have alteast went upto the shock towers.

looks awesome though.

why do you say he's the only person who can do that kind of work though? just curious?

all that amazing work on that car, stony, and no front end modification?

it look as though the entire tubeframe doesnt extend to the front section of the car. I know that's probably for safety reasons, but i figured you would have alteast went upto the shock towers.

looks awesome though.

why do you say he's the only person who can do that kind of work though? just curious?

The classes this car is built for cant have anything thru the firewall. If i change my mind later the chassis is built so i just cut off the front end and do it :icon7:

I have considered serveral times of going the solid live axle route instead of messing around with a R230 w/CV's.

I love the draglites!! If I were ever to go the solid axle route, I would keep the axle wide and run a 15x12 rims with TONS of backspacing so the wheel face would be in the same location as a IRS setup. That way unless someone looked way low and from the rear, no one would notice of the huge amount of meat tucked under the car. Sleeper.....

Then again, my 4" cowl on my car doesn't exactly say sleeper either......

• 4 weeks later...