HybridZ

What about this electric fan

jmark06

Guest ZFury

I have that same fan. It works great. Really is prolly' more than needed. It will pop 20a fuses from time to time, but not 30's. Will also melt average switches. My guess is that it is just below 20a when running. Here is an old pic of mine.

E-rad-fan.JPG

I've got a VERY similar Mr. Gasket fan 16" on mine. I have Intercooler/OilCooler/AC Condenser/Radiator all stacked up front and the car tends to run cool even at 15psi boost and in traffic. That looks like a great deal since I paid $80 for mine. Mine came with an adjustable temperature fan controller and relay though.

Got the fan today. You were right i hooked it up to a battery box in the house and it almost knocked over a chair. Only bad thing mine got a crack right under one of the mounting holes. Since its a clean crack ill just use contact cement or something, not worth shipping it back.

Mine should be here next week. I was using a Taurus Fan, but now I need a little extra clearance and this one should give me what I need. If I still need more cooling power I'll add a couple of 12 inchers between the AC Condensor and the radiator.

I wonder if fabbing up some type of shroud would make it work better? I know that a shroud forces air to be pulled through the radiator, but when the fan is mounted directly to the radiator is it necessary?

There are a couple of posts where people talk about the Taurus Fans working better when the shrouds are sealed to the radiator.

I've got one of those fans on my 280zx and it works great! Pulls a lot more air through the radiator than the stock setup and gets rid of that annoying noise when you give it a rev.

I used a Davies Craig Thermatic Switch as well which means you can control exactly what temp you want it to come on and off at too. Would definitely reccomend it.