HybridZ

Un-freakin-believable! Still can't believe it happened!

Well' date=' I think that I've come up with a plan. Barring any unforseen structural problems, I'll be transferring the LT1/T56 into #248 and selling the other parts.

Bryan[/quote']Great Find!

You might want to consider going with the JTR mounts when you do the transfer...I think you'd be much better off with the setback position.

Either way, I'm envious of all your great finds from Z's to Firehawks to Scarab parts and more.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here are the pics of #248. I know that I looked like some sort of story book redneck, pressure washing the Z in the barn, mud flying everywhere....but it's finally cleaned up!

After looking, there is some damage that we found in the passenger quarter and evidence of a hit on the front drivers corner, so I'm a little unsure. My grad class starts this week, so the Z will have to sit for a few days till I can get it to the body shop for a professional opinion.

I't was a tough decision, but because my goal is a 100% reliable daily driver, I went ahead and listed the twin turbo kit and Scarab parts for sale. As cool as they would have been, I'm on a pretty tight budget and these should help me reach more of my goals. Sheez....budgets suck. :( But, compared to pushing and staring at the Z, driving will be great. :)

Here are the pics:

Spraying out 25 years of crap...

DSC03200.JPG

Spraying part 2:

DSC03199.JPG

LT1 here I come!!!

DSC03201.JPG

Vin Tag:

DSC03204.JPG

Thanks for all of the thumbs up. I'm looking forward to getting going on this hybrid. Hopefully the body shop will tell me good things.

Bryan

dat240zg

In my opinion you have a smokin hot deal on your hands there, the best thing to do with that is flip it and make alot of profit on everything you got. Put #248 back together and sell it, some purists will give you a crap load of cash for it, then you can make your other 240 very very nice daily driver.

Dibs on everything esp the Scarab parts, I'll come by tomorrow and take a look, we'll talk pricing. I'm local and have the cash$$$

Might just have to turn my Scarab into a TT hmmmmm.

Brian, left you voice mails give me a call!!!

In my opinion you have a smokin hot deal on your hands there, the best thing to do with that is flip it and make alot of profit on everything you got. Put #248 back together and sell it, some purists will give you a crap load of cash for it, then you can make your other 240 very very nice daily driver.

If #248 was really in good shape then it would be worth more than #25764, but what you've got there looks like it would take a pretty good effort (financial too) to get it back on the road even in stock form, then those same purists who talk about how much these cars are worth will be bitching about the originality of the car or condition or whatever else they can come up with.

It's been my experience that there is a lot of TALK about how much these cars are worth, but my friend sold #472 maybe two years ago and after a bunch of hassle I think she got $7500 or so for it. It was really a solid car, needed some TLC, but I thought for sure based on threads I'd seen on classiczcars.com and IZCC that it was going to go for $15K.

Had another friend try to sell #12xx and some purist jackass drove 6 hours, then picked it to pieces based on condition and offered $1000 (I think the asking price was $2500) and complained that because he had driven so far he should get a deal. My friend told him no way in hell, and he sold that car to a 17 year old kid the next weekend.

Another one: I had an ebay auction for a smog rail a while back. Thing was brand new, never installed. The person who bought it complained about the condition of the zinc coating on the part. I kid you not. This part just sat in a box for 5 years then went up on ebay, and we all know what they end up looking like when the car has been driven. Apparently her idea of how to enjoy a car is to never ever start it up for fear of damaging the zinc coating on the friggin smog rail. Either that or she's going to be really upset once the thing has run for a couple hours.

IME, purist = *******, and despite what they say none of them actually wants to fork over any cash, they just talk a big game. So hybridize away is my advice, although I think it's safe to say that I'm a bit jaded at this point. It's your car, do what YOU want to do with it. :wink:

248 looks rough, but believe it or not, it's in a lot better shape than first meets the eye. Aside from the damage that we discovered, it's in really nice shape. What's not so clear is the horse stall directly next to the drivers side that's full of the rest of the parts of the car.

I agree with you Jon. I want to do a nice job rebuilding #248, but I would do a good job regardless of the VIN #. More than anything, I want to have a Z that will meet my goals performance wise and reliability wise. Having that be a low VIN is just the topping on the cake.

If someone has the money to back up their opinions regarding the type of restoration that I should do, fine, buy the car from me. Otherwise I'll start my "rod-storation" as quick as I can. :)

If #248 was really in good shape then it would be worth more than #25764' date=' but what you've got there looks like it would take a pretty good effort (financial too) to get it back on the road even in stock form, then those same purists who talk about how much these cars are worth will be bitching about the originality of the car or condition or whatever else they can come up with.

IME, purist = *******, and despite what they say none of them actually wants to fork over any cash, they just talk a big game. So hybridize away is my advice, although I think it's safe to say that I'm a bit jaded at this point. It's your car, do what YOU want to do with it. :wink:[/quote']

What he said...I couldn't agree more. People love to pick these cars apart and look for all original but in pristine condition, but not pay anything for it. Sorry, I am probably jaded too.