HybridZ

Pinks

Boobala

I'd like to see a Zcar.com "L31DETT" Z vs. HybridZ.org "Blown SBC" Z show.

I was just thinking that! What does the rest of HBZ think? On a serious note...... everyone wants HBZ to get back on tv so badly but I think there should be one common goal in doing so. If it is to get the site out there in a positive way and let the rest of the world know our lil Z's can be just as fast as any other car out there then it is fine. Or if we do it to get more Z owners on the road and show we are a tight "family" here then it is fine. But to do it just to be doing it cause we want to get back on TV and kick someone a$$ cause we got ours handed to us isn't the way to go about it. My hat goes off to the guys who put our name out there meaning anyone who donated money, time, etc. to make it happen.

If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything!

Now lets build a car with a purpose!

All comments are welcomed.......

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heads up racing better than pinks. Pinks doesn't give credit for your ability to build a high output motor. It doesn't matter if the car has a TT nitrous V8 or a 3 hp lawnmower motor, just if you are good at sandbagging, then negotiating lengths. Not even timers to prove your power. They all look pretty slow on TV. Bah!

All the more reason to build something NICE and bring it to the SEZ Shootout. Of course, there won't be any TV crew and you're assured to be able to take your car home with you at the end of the day, unless somebody really DOES want to run for titles. It's almost guaranteed that you'll have just as much fun, if not more, and be around a great bunch of people.

You've got about 6 weeks or so to build something...so there is your challenge.

Now if you need more time, and you'd rather do it in March, that's ok too, since our tenative date for the March SEZ Shootout (#8) is March 26th, 2007.

Look for a MAJOR announcement regarding that event to come soon.

I haven't seen the episode, I've been out of town and didn't know the air date, also, the link to it is no good. But anyway, I'd like to mention a couple things.

1- If you have a problem with the way the race was run, the way the car was prepped/built/driven or you think you could have done it better, then maybe you should have. There is, and has been for a several months, a separate forum designated for the PINKS car build. I wasn't a member of this forum, but I did donate money towards the car.

2-PINKS the TV show is just that, a show. It's not about racing, it's a about a show. There have been several magazine interviews with the host, and he's first to admit that he does the show for money, the same reason that most people go on the show. They don't go on to race, they go on to win.

I'd like to appluad the guys who put their invaluable time and money into building the Pinks Z. You guys did a great job, I'm proud to wear my HZPINKS T-shirt all the time. Good luck on the next one.

Carl