Pinks

Boobala

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for putting the show up!!

anyway i just watched it.

Really is too bad we lost it. But it looked like to me, they didn't really have an option to give back the bottle....crowd screaming, them screaming....

anyway, just wanna let everyone who was there know that atleast you guys still kept your honor/integrity through all that unlike the other team...:nono:

lol i still can't believe that they thought you were sandbagging the WHOLE TIME!! i mean...overheating car, low boost(?), get real..

Great racing Garrett btw. :hail:

EDIT: im really glad you guys got the PINKS advisor that you did....that guy, although he doesn't look too old, really knows his stuff, and seems like he's got great integrity.

I think a stock radiator was being used...for a Z with "390" untuned horsepower it is going to overheat. Plus it had a holset turbo. The boost was nowhere near the planned amount. 19-23 psi was being used while 35psi was what was planned on.

Timing problem was fixed later after the race. They needed at least 4 more hours to tune. The race was 4 hours earlier than we were supposed to race originally and it made a difference.

I was so excited to see this race. I am sorry to hear that people have now been banned from the forum because of this, though. I was wondering how did you guys get the engine back for the raffle. If you lost how did that not go with the car? Does it get really ugly when the cameras are off (after the final race)?? I was thinking a few times on this show and others that it was going to turn into a fistacuff. Well good job in showing that a little Datsun can be quick, too.

I guess you guys have never seen Pinks before?? If they tell you to show up with a 12 second car you damn well better be running 9s. It was your guys own fault playing by the rules.

No matter what you say about the other team, they acted in the same way that every team does on there every episode. Its all about how well you can sandbag the car and how well you can act.

My problem with the host is...

A. He doesn't seem to know that much about drag racing or cars but acts as though he does.

B. He puts on a tough guy act that portrays drag racing in the wrong light.

Other things I don't care for...

1. They don't use the track x-mas tree and timing system. Why not?

2. The whole "negotionation" thing. Just "run what you brung" or

get lost. If you want to run unmatched cars then do it bracket style' date='

complete with making losers of those who bust their dial-in. Really,

is it street racing or bracket racing... make up your mind.

3. Where they decide to stick commercials; right at the launch of nearly

every race. The can put them before the launch and still get you to watch

the commercials. The way it is now is just irritating, and kind'a insulting.[/quote']

I Agree!

With all the nonsense aside, it was an interesting but usual race. I thought the negotiator for the Z team maintained his composure quite well under pressure. I was a little surprised on two counts....1)that a HYBRIDZ Z didn't have a bowtie motor in it, and 2) that the state of tuning on the Z wasn't spot on. I just figured with all the talent and knowledge on this sight, the figing Z would have run like a top. Probably the best result of the show was HYBRIDZ's exposure on national TV. Congatulations to all the guys that put forth the effort to prepare the Z and make it happen.

P.S. Did anyone notice that the host of the show looked a little nervous during the heated negotiations? He still looks and acts like a bonehead!

I am not realy sure what exactly happened in negotiations due to editing, but I was wondering why when the other team kept saying that they needed the bottle becuase the z had a turbo, that no one explained that they had a 6 liter enggine and the z had a 2.8 liter engine, so the extra pressure from the turbo made the efective displacement equal. that statement proves the bottle was an extra for them, and not equal to using a turbo.

With all the nonsense aside' date=' it was an interesting but usual race. I thought the negotiator for the Z team maintained his composure quite well under pressure. I was a little surprised on two counts....1)that a HYBRIDZ Z didn't have a bowtie motor in it, and 2) that the state of tuning on the Z wasn't spot on. I just figured with all the talent and knowledge on this sight, the figing Z would have run like a top. Probably the best result of the show was HYBRIDZ's exposure on national TV. Congatulations to all the guys that put forth the effort to prepare the Z and make it happen.

P.S. Did anyone notice that the host of the show looked a little nervous during the heated negotiations? He still looks and acts like a bonehead![/quote']

the reasoning the car was not finished with tuning is because it was built in 1 month...and the team learned they would have to race 4 hours earlier than planned which was valuable tuning time.

I am not realy sure what exactly happened in negotiations due to editing, but I was wondering why when the other team kept saying that they needed the bottle becuase the z had a turbo, that no one explained that they had a 6 liter enggine and the z had a 2.8 liter engine, so the extra pressure from the turbo made the efective displacement equal. that statement proves the bottle was an extra for them, and not equal to using a turbo.

Those guys would not have understood that math anyhow, I assure you.

the reasoning the car was not finished with tuning is because it was built in 1 month...and the team learned they would have to race 4 hours earlier than planned which was valuable tuning time.

I don't necessarily beleive that 4 hours would have fixed the tuning problems. But I do think that another week could have. There were just too many things going on at the time and the last 4 hours should have been more for "down" time and relaxation. Not struggling with a wrench. JMHO.

Those guys would not have understood that math anyhow, I assure you.

Correct you are, I, along with others, pointed that out to them, but like you said, it wasn't to their advantage so they didn't care.

I think it was 2 months and they left alot of things to last minute that they could have done 2 months earlier. (Wiring ecu and car, fixing body panels, installing fuel cell, planning it better, etc...) No offense but 4hrs should not be a big difference when you have had 2 months to build a car and at first you thought you only had 3 weeks. It was poor management of the build that lost that race not the engine or circumstances.

So did these guys have a choice on who they were running? They brought a turbo 6 cylinder to run against a stroker smallblock on the bottle. It wasnt a fair fight from the beginning. Kinda like bringing a knife to a gunfight. And I do agree the HybridZ negotiator kept his cool but he looked skurred of the other teams driver, lol.

Shoulda thrown in a cheap SBC on some giggle gas and some slick and it might have gone differently. I woulda donated the JTR kit :D