HybridZ

Pinks

Boobala

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, you guys are tough! I love the show and can't wait for tonight's episode. Maybe I'm a dork.

The premise of the show is "old school racing" - no tree, no brackets, no official timeslip, etc. And although it is centered around racing, the real drama is the negotiation process--it's basically a social experiment about what people do when their valuable possession (their car) is on the line. The sandbagging, the fake nitrous bottles, etc. is all part of the fun.

As for the commercials right after the launch, yeah it's horribly annoying. The extra $10/month for TiVo is worth it right there--I just start watching the show about 10 minutes after it starts and fast forward through the commercials. So I'm spoiled, but I guess that's why I went to college.

This week on PINKS (Season Premiere):

Jeremy Cozad – TX (1976 Datsun 280Z) vs. Darrin Kling - FL (1983 Chevy Monte Carlo)

Fiery import racer Jeremy Cozad comes to Gainesville to take home Darrin Kling’s muscle car. It’s a best three out of five drag race...for pink slips.

WEDNESDAY, July 12th at 9pm ET/PT

Please' date=' someone tell me they can record this and post it...

No digital cable for me, just cheesy basic here.

Thanks,[/quote']

I will be recording it and I'll upload it to my site but it may take a while as I would like to edit all the commercials out of it.