HybridZ

Pinks

Boobala

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a good show and a good representation... Sad that it had to end with the criminal conducted and Mike (on3go's) conduct... the vandalizm of the car, and man... Just the last four months... It's kind of a fog...

Mike

I just watched the show and felt that the Datsun and the Hybridz guys were very straight...the guy with the Monte Carlo was a complete idiot.

He went so far as to say that if he has to pull the Nitrous out of his car then the Datsun has to loose the Turbo...?!?!?!?!? Yeah Ok....so we'll run a low compression 2.8L with no boost against a 6.2L High Compression monster?

Plus who was the red head idiot on the Monte Carlo Team at the end with the goatie?

I wish the cars were closer matched...as it would have been better racing.

Like Steve Christianson said great negotiations and one of the best Pinks episode.

Kudos to the Hybridz Team and the exposure on National TV...I feel this site is going to get more traffic REAL SOOOON!

Yasin

P.S: I like the word "idiot"...LOL!

so what the hell happened in this back story..???

I paid 25$ for a raffle ticket.... I would love to hear the back story Mikelly is talking about... I got a cryptic Email about something someone was sorry about... should I post a copy???

BTW.. the Monte Carlos team was a bunch of idiots.... where the hell did they find that clan??? they should have been drinking bottled water.... the stuff in their well is just WRONG...

Bottom line is you need to be a member of the PINKS sub-forum... There are members who were permanently banned because of conduct long after the show...

No need to post Jeremy's long, sad story... Everyone in the PiNKS forum knows the deal...

Mike

I was hoping for a win but it looked like it would be an uphill battle from the get-go. It was still awesome to see the hybridz team but a bummer to see them get beat. I'd like to know if they felt they got beat on the negotiations or on the track or both...or neither. The details on this have got to flow out soon or I'll have to try to subscribe to the private threads...I don't know which but Ill going nuts trying to find out. I'm proudly going to wear my hybridz team shirt tomorrow and am curious if there is someone looking at doing a repeat for the next season of Pinks?

Did anybody notice they said it was a '79 Dastun 280Z? I was hoping for more excitiment, but I guess since it was all five races plus the negotiations stuffed into what, 17 minutes? Maybe it's because I already knew the outcome? It was just cool to watch the car go down the track and see my buddy Garrett on TV!

I was able to watch the race again since Speed usually repeats stuff here. I must say after all of the turmoil that has taken place I was glad to see us/Hybrid represented well and enjoyed seeing hte car going down the track. I don't know if you noticed but we had that MonteCarlo guy shaking! LOL

Dang, I don't have TV (waste of time and money. Buy the good shows on dvd) So as some people have mentioned i'm sure, is there any way to get a link to a recording of the show?

Edit: just saw it mentioned 2 posts above me that yes, someone will. duh! :P

Hey Guys

So all everyone is talking about is my singing, haha. Oh well, goofy can be cool right . . . :roll:

Anyways, just a heads up about the race. First race was lost on purpose. I turned the boost controller off and bogged it on purpose. Unfortunately they let out and we ended up getting basically nothing for race 2. So in races 3 and 4 I just LAUNCHED it. they were still catching me but it was enough for two wins. Letting them have the bottle back was just suicide, haha, not my department, LOL...

Anyways, hope ya'll enjoyed it, I certainly did, lotta fun regardless of the outcome.

:D:D :biggrin:

As a member of the Pink's Forum and hearing about everything that unfolded, I was really worried about how the show would portray Z's in general as well as HybridZ. I thought that we were well represented and the negotiations just weren't going our way.

I got Speed channel a little more than a month ago mainly just to watch Pinks, and in general I'm getting tired of the show. It's not the fastest car that wins it's all about sandbagging and negotiating.

I think the Pinks car had a lot of potential that couldn't be tapped into possibly because of time constraints. The overheating and timing problems were mentioned, but I think there were a few other issues as well (like dialing in the suspension and getting off the line better).

All in all, I'd have to say good show!