HybridZ

My new favorite motorcycle

CruxGNZ

At first is was the turbine powered motorcycle, then it was the hubless, but now it has to be this:

3411_p111086.jpeg

Just look at that thing! It's awsome! I want to know what it sounds like. :mrgreen:

If I was to ever build a bike, I would take a chopper frame and drop in a 999cc liquid-cooled 90-degree V-twin engine from the RC51. Now that would be fun! Make people go "What the f#%$?" It would be loud as hell, but unlike the Harley's around here, it would actually have some balls. :flamedevi

With all the airplane guys around I'm surprised no one has ID'd it yet. Its acctually a Rotec 7cyl radial engine. They call it the R-2800 (to be confused with the pratt and whitney R-2800 of course) for its 2800cc displacement. They also build a 9cyl version R-3600. A $15,000 engine, hanging out in the breeze ...dont lay it down!! What I find interesting is that they put the engine output through the back of the engine with the accessories to keep the front side very clean looking. If any of you will be attending the EAA Airventure flyin this year, this bike is supposed to be there.

btw, there is another bike with the same engine floating around but mounted 90 degrees off as previously stated. Its interesting to think about because one is more aerodynamic and less torque effects but would have horrible cooling for half the cylinders while the other has great cooling but torque and aerodynamics could be a problem.

If any of you will be attending the EAA Airventure flyin this year' date=' this bike is supposed to be there.

[/quote']

Sweet! I'm heading up there on monday and camping out all week, Hope I actually get to see it there!

did someone say RC51? i have a 2001. the motor is great, but the bike is geared too high from the factory. i wonder how heavy that radial is....

i'm not a suzuki fan, but they released a cruiser with a modern vtwin. it actually has 4 valves per cylinder. the vrod twin looks pretty good too...