HybridZ

Showcars Bodyparts, My experience

mark

I knew this guys reputation when I ordered the part but I figured a poorly fitting part is better than no part. And if it takes a while to get here, well thats OK too. This car is a long term project, no problem.

I've got a G nose car and I wanted an air dam for the G nose. Show cars has one on there web site (they have every body part ever made on there web site) so I call and was told the price (435 shipped) and lead time (6 to 8 weeks) Remember that lead time.

On March 16 of 2006 I paypaled the funds for the part and began waiting. Summer came and I was busy having fun. Called and left messages and emailed (the web site says it is best to email because they can respond faster to emails) and never got a response to my emails and the one time I did talk to someone I got the It will ship next week answer. That was the second week in June.

Unless it is being shippid via cripple midget, I think it is safe to say the part was not shipped. More waiting, more unanswered calls. So tonight I finally get to talk to a live person, at least he was alive when he answered the phone.

I'm takling to the owner!! Great, now I can get an answer on when my part will arrive (right) I give him my info and he seems to know what I'm talking about and he says hang on a minute. Well I'm on my cell and I'm cleaning up the kitchen ( something about me cleaning up the kitchen registers as foreplay with my wife, maybe its the apron) so I have time to hold. Well 22 miuntes later I have to go (you figure out why) Did I mention I was on my cell to Canada for 22 minutes? That will be a nice bill.

OK, the point is I do believe I've been screwed (by the guy at Show cars) I do admit I'm a little slow and I'll call a few more times but not from the cell.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY. I've never heard anything good about this place but I still took the chance and lost. Learn from my mistake!!

Pass the vasoline........

August of 2003 is when mine arrived from showcars. They said mine was supposedly ready to ship when purchased off ebay. It was about 12 weeks before finally receiving it. You are already aware of the quality so I need not say how much more work is being done to it.

I am sure you will get it, eventually that is. Just be persistant. I forget how much my long distant phone bill was. At least it is Canada and not Mexico or someplace worse.

Thats why I keep a tape recorder next to the phone. With big purchases like this, I contact them by email and inform them that I would be calling for details and record them. I do inform them that they are being recorded of course. That usually scares them into doing things right or at least as said. If not I just tell them I'm doing business elsewhere.

ordered some body parts from 3 companies (for a friends integra) and everything cam with in 2-3 weeks, one was a bumper from a shadey company from ebay, crap quality bumper (didn't care, wasn't my car, and friend chose it) came fast though.

I'm sorry but it's hard to have sympathy for you. That scam artist fraud has been exposed here over and over and over again. Sending money to low life scumballs like him only encourages them. And don't be fooled. Just because he has lots of pictures of parts doesn't mean he actually has them or the molds to make them. He ripped off pictures of my car and he still has pics of John Washington's parts on his site which he claims to sell. He is a liar who sells crap and preys on the uninformed. Anyone who reads this site should not be uninformed any longer.

The best you can hope for is that you recieve a pile of crappy fiberglass parts that will cost you more than you paid for them to have them fixed.

I can see his point on ordering from a shady company. Seeing that it might be possible to get parts that no one else carries.

I have been guilty of ordering things like that before... but I do everything I can to avoid being out the $$$ in case something bad happens...

somewhere inside you though, is saying that it might be possible to get that particular part, and you just can't help yourself....its worth the risk.

Thanks for the advice guys, not really looking for sympathy, I knew what I was getting in to and its not really the money. I've spent more on a good meal.

I'll call a few more times and then contact my CC company about a reverse charge on the account. Just a good reminder of what a great place this board is. I've bought and sold stuff here without ever having a problem.

I could have made the part myself by now. Maybe I'll start this weekend.

Mark, Sorry to hear that what you suspected would happen did indeed happen... But look at it like this... Atleast you didn't get a chance to hold the part before SOME F'N SCUMBAG disappeared with it...

Yea, ADD LES HEATH to your list of ZCAR SCUMBAGS who steal one-off and hard to replace parts... The guy had better damned well hope I never run across his path. There'll be a hospital visit in his near future when that day comes...

You did pay with a CC?? Right???

Mike

I would love that widebodykit they have .. doesnt anyone live closeby so the can set up as a 'vendor' damn they even have gf doors for the 280 :(

I doubt they have any parts they list on there site. Most of the photos of Z parts are taken from other sources. They have photos straight from the MSA catalog.

Just got this reply after I sent an email saying I was going to reverse the charge on my CC. Wedesday of next week. Reminds me of Wimpy, Popeye's friend. "Loan me money today for a hamburger and I'll gladly repay you on Tuesday". We will see.

Sorry for the delay with this. We've been working hard to get caught up. Your particular order, the G-Nose lower airdam and valance, will be shipped using Fedex Ground on Wednesday of next week. I apologize for the lack of communication but we have needed to spend less times on the phone and computer and more time making parts. If you have any questions, please contact me either through e-mail or by calling the office.

be sure to ask for tracking. You never know, might use the "Lost in mail" excuse.

And honestly how long does it really take to have a FG piece to be finished. Would assume about a day (with curing time, without a finished surface). Doesn't take that much time once you have the molds.

Heck I help fabbed up almost the whole rear half of a FG boat to convert it from inboard motor to outboard in about 2 days. Its probably going to be another month before you get your kit (shipping), if they do send it..

Doesn't take that much time once you have the molds.

You're assuming something that probably isn't true. Showcars probably doesn't have a rear mold for the part being order. They probably just do a splash off a plug they have had lying aorund for years or try to order the parts from a vendor that they haven't paid for 180 days.

BTW... I had someone call last year and said they wanted to order 10 240Z glass hoods and what the discount price is. I told him the first 8 are full price and 9 and 10 are free. He didn't like that and wanted the 20% off on each one that he ordered until he ordered a total of 10. I asked him how long before he completes his order for 10. He said he didn't know. I said, good bye.

BTW... I had someone call last year and said they wanted to order 10 240Z glass hoods and what the discount price is. I told him the first 8 are full price and 9 and 10 are free. He didn't like that and wanted the 20% off on each one that he ordered until he ordered a total of 10. I asked him how long before he completes his order for 10. He said he didn't know. I said, good bye.

John is a smart business man!

You're assuming something that probably isn't true. Showcars probably doesn't have a rear mold for the part being order. They probably just do a splash off a plug they have had lying aorund for years or try to order the parts from a vendor that they haven't paid for 180 days.

Hey just curious. Not familiar with the term "splash off of a plug".

Is that a one off mold made from a donor auto. Or a mold of an auto used for one offs?

And, I get the impression from their so called "inventory", that the later (vendor use) would be my pick.

Pardon my knuckle dragging ways...:rolleyesg