HybridZ

Post you favorite Color Z

cobraz240z

Lately I've been tempted to paint a Z blue. No metallic or pearl, just bright blue. Something like Shock Blue from the XTerra, Arure Blue from the latest Mach1 Mustang, or Audi Nogaro Blue. A body painted one of those colors with flat/satin black hood and airdam and zg flares would be the business IMO.

I've told a couple of friends about that idea and they're already threatening to call it "the bruise" if I do... :icon54:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sparky, that second car looks awesome. the color makes it appear very smooth...

Sparky, your car is EXACTLY what I want mine to be!

thanks guys, its been a serious pain getting to that point,but she looks good if you don't stare too long :). I will probably end up painting her again in the next five years as the paint and body work is far from perfect....I've been thinking about a nice white with some black ZGs and some big ole wheels, but I might save this one and just buy a RHD basket case to fix up....

anywho...here is a parting shot of the front-

36354.jpg

I had almost that exact same colour on my talon tsi. Was a factory volvo color, which ive never seen on any volvo on the road. Gave an all new look with the top and wheels painted black. No need to tell you that you cant get away from the law in an orange car, but thats probably not the purpose of your Z. Hey amazing car by the way.

I have had a number of Zs over the years in many colors... I've chosen the most recent color from the Dodge lineup... If you look in the PPG catalog, it's their Viper Silver (I don't have the code number, but will get it later today with the car).

Colors I've had:

Corvette PURE WHITE in two stage urethane. Only downside is white cars show ALL dirt... Some of you will rememer my Flared and whaletailed Zcar with this color...

Corvette YELLOW - This color worked pretty well and had about the same shock value as the Laguna Seca Blue does on my MRoadster... It is remarkably easy to keep clean and is cooler in summer than I would have thought... IT is a ticket magnet though, and probably second only to red at drawing negative attention...

Pewter Silver metalic, which was on my C5 corvette. It was the easiest to keep looking clean of any color I've had on a car, except maybe primer. It hides dirt well, and hides scratches even better...

Black... Don't do it unless you have a perfect shell and panels with ZERO wave. If you do it, prepare to constantly be cleaning it... I have black on my Dodge Cummins Diesel and it is a BIATCH to keep clean, which is why I may have the dirtiest truck in Spotsylvania County... :lmao:

Mike

I have always like this color Z with the tan interior. This was an OEM color correct? I think it is, because I have seen some old ones with it. Though you dont see to many souped' up Z's with the green. If the body isnt extreme, I really like this color.

grnz.jpg

I do like the old orange ones too. But, you cant go wrong with making a mean looking black one, or a sleek looking white one IMO. Though you can really go wrong with some other colors.

Max... Yes, it's a GTO. It needs body minor body work and paint. I'm painting it either red/gold kameleon or pearlescent red.... something a little bit different than the red these are always painted.

Mike, don't you have a GTO kit? That would look really good, those kits are always all boring and red...How about some TVR colors? They use a lot of pearlescent/color shifting paints too.