HybridZ

Aerodynamics DONATIONS NEEDED!!!

If you have a specific piece you would like us to test... then please prepackage it in some mountable form and we will arrange to have it tested...

If you want VGs.. then I suggest you mount them to a sheet of plastic that can be easily attached to the roof or wherever you intend to place them... then I can simply tape it to the test car....

I will be video taping this event... I am trying to talk a professional videographer into helping out for Zero Cost... or just his tapes and comsumables at least...

There is no deadline set for right now. Best guess is this will take place in JANUARY. Stay tuned... And again, PLEASE DONATE!!!

Also I'll remind you folks that this is a volunteer effort that is running on limited budget. Please keep that in mind when you make requests for specific tests being conducted...

Mike

Ron the paypal account is indeed dat74z@yahoo.com

Mike, I wasn't gonna comment, but Nah, I will... There's a young man on this board named Tom, who I held a donation drive for. I matched ALL the donations in that case... ALL OF THEM.

I'm vouching for this effort personally and for the record, I OWN a company valued at several MILLION dollars. I don't need to scam anyone of any funds or take a risk hurting my good reputation. I was not a PART of the PINKS fiasco and was very much VOCAL against it. I did spend considerable time and $500 of my own money to insure that the car was delivered to its rightful owner... There will be no scam in this effort to get very useful data for all of us to use for years to come...

Donate if you wish or not, but don't ever question my honesty or integrity.

Mikelly

Is there going to be a report (other than the video mentioned earlier) that will be published? If so, selling the report could generate some revenue as well. It seems like this kind of information should not be available to the likes of Motorsport Auto unless they are willing to jump on board as a sponsor. (we are testing their products, i'm sure they are more than interested)

I should be donating sometime soon.

Hey guys I'm Tom Harris, now (tombarace14) but back from 2001 I was a member as (383Tom'z280). Back in july of 02' I was in a serious car wreck, where the driver that caused the incident left the scene. My Z was totaled and I spent a year in a wheel chair (I was 16). About the time I was able to stand but not walk very well, still in a wheelchair. Mike was having his annual Z shindig, and was invited to come even tho I did not have a Z any more at least not a whole one. At the end of the picnic, Mike and a few of the other local HybridZ members presented me with a check. This money that Mike colleceted from many of the members (he actually matched the amount collected, out of his pocket), helped buy me another Z. After the shindig I checked out the fourm for the first time in about a year. I came to find that Mike had started and headed the collection. I had only met Mike in person to buy parts from him before this. But to this day I consider Mike a True friend and one of the most honest people I know. I could only hope to help Mike as much as he has helped me in the past.

If anyones integrity should be questioned Mike's should be the last! Hands down no question about it. Come Friday I will be donating to this cause as well. Not only to show my support for the research because I now own 2 S30's. But to show my faith that the money will go to the cause intended.

My post is not intended to offend anyone, but to show that many of the members are honest. For all help the members of hybridZ has givin me I consider most of you A 2nd family. We all need to pull together on this and get it rolling. Just give up a combo meal one time and at the end we can all say "I helped do that".

Hey guys I'm Tom Harris, now (tombarace14) but back from 2001 I was a member as (383Tom'z280). Back in july of 02' I was in a serious car wreck, where the driver that caused the incident left the scene. My Z was totaled and I spent a year in a wheel chair (I was 16). About the time I was able to stand but not walk very well, still in a wheelchair. Mike was having his annual Z shindig, and was invited to come even tho I did not have a Z any more at least not a whole one. At the end of the picnic, Mike and a few of the other local HybridZ members presented me with a check. This money that Mike colleceted from many of the members (he actually matched the amount collected, out of his pocket), helped buy me another Z. After the shindig I checked out the fourm for the first time in about a year. I came to find that Mike had started and headed the collection. I had only met Mike in person to buy parts from him before this. But to this day I consider Mike a True friend and one of the most honest people I know. I could only hope to help Mike as much as he has helped me in the past.

If anyones integrity should be questioned Mike's should be the last! Hands down no question about it. Come Friday I will be donating to this cause as well. Not only to show my support for the research because I now own 2 S30's. But to show my faith that the money will go to the cause intended.

My post is not intended to offend anyone, but to show that many of the members are honest. For all help the members of hybridZ has givin me I consider most of you A 2nd family. We all need to pull together on this and get it rolling. Just give up a combo meal one time and at the end we can all say "I helped do that".

Nicely put..

I believe I remember the accident and what was being done...

Just one more reason that this is, by far, the best forum I have ever been a member of..

I can't vouch for any marketability of this information... Many publishers test products to draw readership with no involvement from the manufacturers or the distributors of those products...

It will be documented with video and pictures... as well as data from the wind tunnel facility... We will document each test accordingly... Remember... this is a test for comparison... any actual data may vary slightly from one wind tunnel design to another... they are all approximations of real world circumstances... so there is only so much hard data to compare against different results at different facilities...

To give you an idea of development time that can be involved... many race teams budget for 100 hours of tunnel development at much more expensive facilities...

I have talked with the operators at length about what we are trying to accomplish... they feel confident that we can test and compare many of the available options for our cars... We are currently trying to get the logistics sorted out to allow tests on as many different pieces as we can...

There are many approaches to aero design... We may try to group our modifications into a street class and a race class... that seems to be the most appropriate way to ensure a large number of people benefit from this experiment...

Mike, the only "historically" bad incident associated with this site was that conducted by two members associated with the pinks build and subsiquent fraudulent raffle they tried to pull off. Myself and the other admins stepped in and made sure the raffle was conducted in a fair manor, again spending many hours and money out of our own pockets to insure that the right thing was done.

You've been a member since February 2006. We've been around much much longer and one bad incident with two people "loosly" associated with us should not even be brought up, considering how tightly we run this ship. Anyone else who wants to know the skinny on this raffle can get intouch with me offline or ask "relevent" questions here... This discussion about "a potential scam" is over.

I stepped in and took on getting funds for this activity because I (And other admins here) believe this test will conclusively help us desipher the unknown cause and effect of aerodynamic parts on these cars. We'll FINALLY have the answers. I felt that by stepping up and taking over collection duties for this effort, and officially supprting it with HYBRIDZs backing, it'll give more legitimacy and also comfort to those who may be on the fence. The money will go to the effort ONLY to pay the operator of the windtunnel for the time used. No food or beer or parts purchased. I will also PUBLISH the PAYPAL and funds received via mail. We will have 100% accountability of the funds and if this event falls thru and can't be conducted, then we'll have to refund in full *(minus the paypal charges) the money that was donated.

Mike Kelly

Administrator

Mike... I believe you. And God knows we all appreciate the hard work and time you guys put into this site. I stated my post poorly and for that I'm truly sorry. I don't know what else I can say except that I feel like a dumb-a$$ and a fool. But again... I never intentionally pointed an accusing finger at you.

Mike

A Dumb-A$$

I can check with Nissan Sport Magazine to see if they would be interested in publishing the results. That's if we want to go that route.

FYI... I'll have some money to donate in December.

Regarding the ITS/EP racers, in many cases they are not allowed to run aero mods beyond a front air dam. There will be some data that can help them but things like VGs and rear spoilers are not allowed.

John, I already sent the link to Art over at Nissan Sport. Was hoping to hear back from them pretty quick. There are a number of folks here (you and I inclided) who have provided written articles to them in the past, so hopefully we can contribute yet one more literary success! :lmao:

Mike

We're at $550 in donations gang (Minus the PAYPAL FEES!) and We appreciate it... I know Christmass is right around the corner and money is tight, and because of that I want you all to know that we REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!

Mike