HybridZ

Got a ticket in my Z today

gjc5500

So there was some ice on the driveway of my local 711. my tires spun as i left and a cop saw. he pulls me over and tells me to pop my hood. so i did. he gives me a ticket for having a sr20det. i wanted to laff in his face because a L24 is impossible to msitake for a sr20. i cant wait to go to court for this

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you take it to a ref you would be fined and most likey have to fix it back to stock specifications

Also kind of hard to believe since the Intake and Exhaust are on different sides Hence DOHC SR20

Cops can be stupid but thats just retarded

Wait Till Gollum Chimes in hes great with Ref Smog Info

While where on the subject of 2.0 Liter L4 Motors Im still waiting for someone todo a legal CA20ET Swap considering they where found in the Nissan 200SX Goto a ref with the SOHC head and the swap for the DOHC and bam good day for you :)

Wished it worked that way. 73's are exempt from smog testing, but still required to meet all smog laws applicable to that year.

How can a carbed 35 Y/O L6 engine can be less poluting than a modern day FI 2.0L. ?????? My guess is that the SR20 would surpass smog laws applicable in 73. But, that's just my $0.02, I don't live in California and know nothing about there laws exept for tha fact that every car enthusiast hates them.

Cali, from what I've read on here, has laws restricting the engine to stock form and configuration without special permit.

i think thats funny, because you know how many hot rods cali has that have engines from other cars. I doubt they'll pull over a 54 chevy to make sure the engine matches.

That's really bad news when you have a cop trying to send you to a ref, writing you up for having an SR20DET when you actually have the stock L24.

I think it's bad news because you probably live in an area where cops see's alot of engine swaps. I'd be really careful if you have cops that know a few nissan engine codes. But what a goone for mixing them up....