HybridZ

Do you have a z and does it actually run?

dr_hunt

Do you have a z? and if so, does it run and drive?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you have a z? and if so, does it run and drive?

• Don't have z yet! I must get a z, I must get a z!
    • It runs and drives, YeeeHawww!
    • No it doesn't run and I'm posting how long I've been working on it.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mines been up and running since the completion of the rebuild in 2002. All the time and effort that went into the rebuild project was worth every penny and drop of sweat........it so much fun to drive, it should be considered illegal!!!

Tom

i got an '83 280zx and yanked the l6 out that ran fine about two weeks ago and waiting for my sbc to get back from the machine shop (getting block cooked and decked and more than likely have to get the pistons fly cut depending on what cam i get, which reminds me i got to call comp cams after i get out of class). I go home on saturday night and work on it sunday (have wrestling meets and tourneys on saturday and friday). should have it done by june sometime since wrestling ends in march and i'll have two days to work on it a week, plus spring break. 2 1/2 hours one way just to work on my z. thats love. haha.

Technically it runs. Bran new motor, it had better run!

But its not in.:roll:

Hell the car gets more and more OFF of it everyday!

Working on the coilovers right now. Will clean up the underbelly before they and the new diff go in. Going back together would nice!!

Had the car two years. been working on it one. Cant wait for some better weather. I even installed a gas heater in the garage. It only slightly improved my motivation. It's getting there.

Mine has never run since I've had it! Guy I bought it from said it did run when he parked it for restoration approx 10 years before I got it. I've had it almost a year. It is almost totally disassembled now in contrast to partial when I got it.

chris

Well, the L24 in mine did run, untill I ripped it out before this winter hit. The car has been in the family since about the late 80's and sitting around for almost as long. Every time my parents would go out of town, I would fire it up and go lay down some rubber around the driveway. I have only been working on it for the last year or so, when my dad finally signed it over to me because he was tired of getting bugged about it. The motor is out and I'm in the prcess of sanding the body down for paint. I used to go detail it at least once a month for years when I was a little kid, now that I think about it. So I could say it's been my 12 year project. I have had an obsession with this car for a long time now. Hopefully I can get it on the road this summer, but that is some really wishfull thinking.

Damn thing ran for while but what started as changing exhaust gasket two months ago turned into "while I am at it" so motor came out took everything apart changed all gaskets, installed kameari timing kit... did I say that I also fixed leaking exhaust gasket lol. She will be running in about week or two : )

Ivo