HybridZ

What's everyones occupation here at HybridZ!?

Guest caseyjones

Lawyer... let the lawyer jokes begin! ;)

A priest went to hell accidentally, god sent the devil a message, send him up here or else. Devil sends one back, or else what? God says, I'll sue you. Devil says, sorry, I have all the lawyers down here, wanna trade.

Lawers should drive Isuzu's, I suE zOu.

BSEE, MS Environmental Eng, Minor Math, PE, self employed.

Manufacture landscape rock, precious metals, design water and wastewater treatmen plants, subdivisions, roads, sewers, water systems, foundations, etc., etc. General doer of all things. But I wish I was playing with hooters all the time like silicone boy!

Starting new sideline of foundations and dirtwork for Palm Harbor Homes.

I am a Technical Service Rep for a large chemical company. I provide permanent onsite technical service at large OEM paint shops. I currently work at a plant that has an 400ft long prime booth, and 2 800ft long basecoat/clearcoat booths that paint about 800 vehicles per day.

I help the Robotic Engineers setup, and maintain paint colour/filmbuild thickness/appearance on a vehicle. I have setup spray parameters on several vehicles that many of you drive everyday. I am most busy when setting up a new model launch, or model year colour pallet changes.

Once a vehicle is in full production, I help advise them day to day on how to maintain the desired characteristics as hundreds of other variables affect production.

I am also responsible for the supply of paints/solvents at the site. I order a lot of paint. 8-10K gallons per week!!!!

Great job. Very demanding, always changing. There's never a dull moment in the world of paint!

I am a Technical Service Rep for a large chemical company. I provide permanent onsite technical service at large OEM paint shops. I currently work at a plant that has an 400ft long prime booth, and 2 800ft long basecoat/clearcoat booths that paint about 800 vehicles per day.

I help the Robotic Engineers setup, and maintain paint colour/filmbuild thickness/appearance on a vehicle. I have setup spray parameters on several vehicles that many of you drive everyday. I am most busy when setting up a new model launch, or model year colour pallet changes.

Once a vehicle is in full production, I help advise them day to day on how to maintain the desired characteristics as hundreds of other variables affect production.

I am also responsible for the supply of paints/solvents at the site. I order a lot of paint. 8-10K gallons per week!!!!

Great job. Very demanding, always changing. There's never a dull moment in the world of paint!

Ah man, I hate cleaning paint booths and waste! Its the worst, got some pics from the last one I did.

The rig that does the suckin:

work1.JPG

The SLUDGE! Its about 4 feet deep in these pics, have to get down in the pit and shovel it to the hose, fun!!!

work2.JPG

work3.JPG

I'm a career civil servant in the federal government. I sit on my butt all day and eat bon-bons. When that gets boring, I play tetris. Last year I got a promotion.

Mike

HybridZ Supporter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpyvette

'

Every morning I look in the mirror and say "should I kill myself or go to work?"

Ive felt like that on a few occasions.....now I no longer go to work....(retired)

I feel exactly this way right now. My current position was forced on me via what they call an A76 cost study and the resultant MEO (Most Efficient Organization). What a frickin' laugh and an EMBARRASSMENT!! I hate my job, my boss, and my organization. There is no challenge, no job satisfaction, no sense of accomplishment, no sense of being part of a team. There is only back-stabbing, greed, and incompetence. For the first time in my Civil Service career, I'm ASHAMED to work for Uncle Sam.

EDIT: Uh... sorry for stamping my little feet and ranting.

Mike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Mike : 2 Days Ago at 10:58 PM.

Man what's up with our Federal Cvil Service members??????? :wink:

LARRY

i work for the local police, but as a mechanic. i outfit and fabricate on police cars. mostly crown vics. but get to work on lots of common police vehicles. i make undercover vehicles and try to trick the public.

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

I sorry, but I don't think this is PC. Pics of half naked women! I thought the Canadian's were more civilized! Man! I would think you were from Texas! Better take them down!

I'm a Computer Technician with General Dynamics Information Technology working under a Marine Corps contract. Been at this for 3 years and was a computer hardware tech in the Army for 4.5 years before this. I'm 26 now so I have lots of time to further things.

Hey naviathan small world concerning GDIT!!

~USAF Vet!

~Capital Hill was a brief Hilly Billy worked for Congressman Don Young

Network Engineer

~Information Spectrum Inc. acquisitioned by Anteon

~Anteon acquisitioned by General Dynamics Information Technology GDIT. All this happened in 4 years got to love contract work.

I manage IT support for the U.S. Navy and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Information Management Systems to include Finland, Malaysia, Spain, Kuwait, Taiwan, Egypt, Canada, and Switzerland multiplexed in a diverse configuration of hardware, software, operating systems and network configurations.

BSEE somewhat diluted by 25 years in management.

Currently opted out of management at United Space Alliance (A Joint Lockeed/Boeing venture doing Space Shuttle Launch operations - 12,000 employees at several locations), now a night shift Lead Engineer in a Space Shuttle telemetry lab in the Launch Control Center at Kennedy Space Center. We process and display any/all of the more than 10,000 measurements transmitted from the Shuttle to its ground systems to support Flight Systems Engineers' tests and troubleshooting.

I'm an Air Force Viet Nam veteran, started in the Space Program during the Apollo program in 1968 as a Telemetry Technician. I was at the Ascension Island Tracking Station processing/transmitting the astronauts' moon suits' telemetry data for Apollo 11. I worked the later Apollo and Skylab missions at the Bermuda Station before coming back to Stateside locations in Maryland and Florida.

When I grow up I will run a shop specializing in fuel management and turbocharging, in a facility that will contain a chassis dyno and pictures of half-naked women. I'm currently developing this business (licensed as Speedtech in Florida) as I build my 401K to the point where I can leave the bureaucracy of government contracts and the idiocy of big corporations behind.

My next goal is to be the first 60+ year old man to win the Silver State Challenge unlimited class in a 30+ year old car.

• Like 1

BSEE somewhat diluted by 25 years in management.

Currently opted out of management at United Space Alliance (A Joint Lockeed/Boeing venture doing Space Shuttle Launch operations - 12,000 employees at several locations), now a night shift Lead Engineer in a Space Shuttle telemetry lab in the Launch Control Center at Kennedy Space Center. We process and display any/all of the more than 10,000 measurements transmitted from the Shuttle to its ground systems to support Flight Systems Engineers' tests and troubleshooting.

I'm an Air Force Viet Nam veteran, started in the Space Program during the Apollo program in 1968 as a Telemetry Technician. I was at the Ascension Island Tracking Station processing/transmitting the astronauts' moon suits' telemetry data for Apollo 11. I worked the later Apollo and Skylab missions at the Bermuda Station before coming back to Stateside locations in Maryland and Florida

So, did you know Tom Hanks? LOL

So, did you know Tom Hanks? LOL

Actually, when they were filming Apollo 13 at Kennedy, I did get to shake Tom Hanks' hand so the answer is yes, smart ass.:mrgreen:

And, for a period of time before that I worked for one of the real Apollo 13 astronauts, Fred Haise, after he had retired from NASA and was the CEO of Grumman Technical Services. We could get him drinking beer and telling stories about that flight.

Actually, when they were filming Apollo 13 at Kennedy, I did get to shake Tom Hanks' hand so the answer is yes, smart ass.:mrgreen:

And, for a period of time before that I worked for one of the real Apollo 13 astronauts, Fred Haise, after he had retired from NASA and was the CEO of Grumman Technical Services. We could get him drinking beer and telling stories about that flight.

Hahahah Rick, nice comeback! Sweet job man.